Easiest Way to Make Delicious Banana Chocolate Scones
Banana Chocolate Scones.
You can cook Banana Chocolate Scones using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Banana Chocolate Scones
- It's 150 grams of A) Cake flour.
- It's 100 grams of A) Bread (strong) flour.
- Prepare 20 grams of A) Sugar.
- It's 1/3 tsp of A) Salt.
- You need 1 of tablspoon A) Baking powder.
- It's 60 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 80 grams of Banana.
- Prepare 60 grams of Yogurt (sugarless).
- Prepare 40 ml of Milk.
- It's 60 grams of Chocolate.
- It's 40 grams of Sliced almonds.
- Prepare 1 of Milk (for the glaze).
Banana Chocolate Scones instructions
- Roughly mince the chocolate. If you can, roast the almond slices and let cool..
- Mash the banana. I recommend using a completely ripe banana..
- Add the yogurt and milk into Step 2. Let chill in the fridge until ready to use..
- Mix together the A) powdered ingredients. Add in the butter cut into 1 cm cubes..
- Mix in the butter by using a scraper etc. to cut it in until the bits of butter becomes grainy but course and crumbly..
- Add in Step 3 and gently mix together while being careful not to knead it. (Work quickly so the butter doesn't melt).
- Once it begins to stick together, mix in Step 1..
- It's okay if there is some floury bits left. Gather the dough together with your hands and place on the counter. (If you knead it too much, it won't be crumbly).
- While dusting with flour, stretch out the dough and fold in three. Repeat this Step 3 times..
- By the way, I separated the dough into 3 sections, as shown in the photo, and layered them on top of each other..
- Roll out the dough until it is about 2.5cm thick and cut out the shapes. As seen in the picture, I just used a knife to cut it..
- Spread some milk on the top and bake for 15-20 minutes in a preheated 200℃ oven..
- They're finished. The lovely banana aroma stays in the air..
- The outside is rough and the inside is moist and fluffy. The almond slices and chocolate pieces are scattered throughout..