Easiest Way to Make Appetizing Sweet potato pies
Sweet potato pies. For this lovely pie, sweet potatoes are boiled, peeled and mashed together with butter, sugar, milk and eggs, then seasoned with nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla. Sweet potato pie is a traditional dessert, originating in the Southern United States. It is often served during the American holiday season, especially at Thanksgiving and Christmas in place of pumpkin pie, which is more traditional in other regions of the United States.
Here, we've done most of the hard work for you: culling through the best sweet. Sometimes, you need a break from pumpkin. A sweet potato pie to accompany your sweet potato casserole at Thanksgiving. You can have Sweet potato pies using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet potato pies
- Prepare 4 of sweet potatos.
- It's 1 glass of milk.
- You need 2 of eggs 🥚.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt or 1 teaspoon.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- It's 1 of and 1/2 backing powder.
- You need 1 of and 1/4 cups flour.
Soulful Sweet Potato Pie recipe with a flaky crust just like grandma use to make! This recipe will show you how to make a homemade sweet potato pie from. These sweet potato pies are the epitome of fall festivity, and feature tremendously good flavor in the fillings and toppings. Reminicient of a great sweet potato casserole, these pies are hearty, flavorful.
Sweet potato pies instructions
- Steam well the sweet potatoes.
- Mix with milk and eggs,salt and pepper into your blender.
- Mixture,add backing powder and flour,mix well.
- Hot pan,add oil to 1/2 cm deep,small heat.
- When oil is hot, mixture of one tablespoon into the pan.cook each fritter for about 2 minuets,or until the underside is golden..
- Drain on paper towels and serve warm.
This homemade sweet potato pie is sweetened solely with dark brown sugar and flavored with warm fall spices. It sits atop a buttery homemade pie crust. I love baking this sweet potato pie recipe during the holidays. I actually prefer it to pumpkin pie. Both pies are very similar, but sweet potato pie has a little more texture from the fresh potatoes.