Easiest Way to Cook Delicious Chocolate Chiffon Layer Cake with Peppermint Marscapone Cream Filling / Frosting
Chocolate Chiffon Layer Cake with Peppermint Marscapone Cream Filling / Frosting.
You can cook Chocolate Chiffon Layer Cake with Peppermint Marscapone Cream Filling / Frosting using 18 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Chiffon Layer Cake with Peppermint Marscapone Cream Filling / Frosting
- Prepare of CAKE.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of boiling water.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- It's 1 tsp of instant coffee granukes.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of cake flour.
- It's 1 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It's 2/3 tsp of salt.
- You need 8 of large eggs, seperated, yolks in one bowl, whites in another large bowl.
- It's 1/2 cup of canola oil.
- It's 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cream of tartar.
- Prepare of MARSCAPONE PEPPERMINT CREAM FROSTING AND FILLING.
- It's 1 of recipe Vanilla Marscapone frosting / Filling recipe, recipe attached in direction step #10.
- It's 1 tsp of pure peppermint extract.
- It's of GARNISH.
- Prepare of shaved Chocolate peppermint candy's, I used Andes Mints.
- Prepare of red and green sparkle sugar.
Chocolate Chiffon Layer Cake with Peppermint Marscapone Cream Filling / Frosting instructions
- Preheat oven to 325. Spray 4- 8 inch cake pans with bakers sprsy.
- Stir together boiling water, cocoa powder and coffee granules until dissoved, cool to room temperature.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a bowl, set aside.
- Add egg yolks, oil and vanilla to flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Add cooled cocoa mixture and beat just until smooth.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tarter at high speed until it just forms stiff peaks.
- Fold egg whites into chocolate mixture in 3 additions until uniform in color.
- Evenly pour into prepared pans and bake about 15 to 20 minutes until a toothpick comes out just clean. Cool in pans 5 minutes then remove from pans and cool on parchment paper on racks completely. Be sure to use parchment as cakes may stick to wire racks while cooling without it..
- ZPREPARE PEPPERMINT MARSCAPONE CREAM FILLING / FROSTING.
- Make Vanilla Marscapone Cream Filling / Frosting, recipe attached below, adding in pure peppermint extract c with vanilla extract https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/351507-vanilla-marscapone-cream-filling-frosting.
- ASSEMBLE CAKE.
- Place one cake layer, bottom up on serving plate.
- Spread with some frosting.
- Add second layer of cake, bottom up and spread with frosting.
- Add third layer of cake, bottom up and frost.
- Add last forth cake layer, bottom side up and frost entire cake.
- Garnish with shaved Chocolate peppermint Andes Chocolates and red and green sparkle sugar.
- Refigerate at least 2 hours to set before sliceing e.