Recipe: Tasty Indulgent Creamy Strawberry Shortcake
Indulgent Creamy Strawberry Shortcake.
You can have Indulgent Creamy Strawberry Shortcake using 10 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Indulgent Creamy Strawberry Shortcake
- It's of For the sponge cake (https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/149660-basic-moist-sponge-cake).
- Prepare of Syrup.
- You need 40 grams of + 20 grams Water + sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of Kirsch.
- You need of White chocolate whipped cream.
- Prepare 40 grams of Heavy cream (for melting with the chocolate).
- You need 45 grams of White chocolate.
- It's 220 grams of Heavy Cream (40-50 % fat content).
- It's 10 grams of Sugar.
- It's 1 of plummet Strawberries.
Indulgent Creamy Strawberry Shortcake step by step
- Bake the sponge cake in the cake mold according to this recipe: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/149660-basic-moist-sponge-cake. Leave to cool completely, making sure that it doesn't dry out in the process..
- Make the syrup: add the sugar to the listed amount of water, and heat until dissolved. When cooled, add the kirsch..
- Make the cream: chop the white chocolate into small pieces. Pour the heavy cream into a microwave-safe dish and heat until boiling. Remove from the microwave, add the chopped chocolate and mix with a rubber spatula until completely melted..
- Add the other portion of whipped cream to a bowl with the sugar, and place the bottom of the bowl in iced water. Whip the cream while it cools using an electric whisk, until soft peaks form. Add the Step 3 mixture and whisk..
- Continue whipping with the electric whisk until stiff peaks form. You want to whisk to the point that whisk feels heavy when pulled through the cream..
- Slice the sponge: once the sponge has cooled completely, place it so the bottom is facing upwards. Slice about 2-3 mm off the base, so that you remove the browned surface..
- Slice the sponge into 3 rounds, each measuring about 1.8 cm thick. Slice off the browned surface of the top slice also..
- Set aside the strawberries for decoration, and cut the strawberries for layering between the sponge into 5 mm slices..
- Assemble: brush on 1/3 of the syrup onto the surface of one of the sponge slices..
- Using a palette knife, spread a thin layer of the Step 5 cream onto the sponge, and top with strawberries (leave the rim and centre empty)..
- Cover with enough cream so that the strawberries are not visible, and layer another slice of sponge on top. Repeat steps 9-11 until all 3 sponge slices have been layered together, and spread the remainder of the syrup on the top surface..
- Using the palette knife, thinly spread the top and sides of the cake with the cream..
- Add some heavy cream (not listed) to the remainder of the chocolate cream you were using, and mix with a rubber spatula to thin out and make the nappe cream (mix until soft peaks form)..
- Set aside 1/3 of the nappe cream, then pour the rest onto the surface of the cake and smooth out so that the cream runs down the sides of the cake. Then, spread the cream evenly around the sides and even out..
- Continue adding cream to the sides and evening out with the palette knife. Put the remaining cream in a piping bag and decorate the cake as you like. And it's done!.
- This makes a great classic Christmas or birthday cake. I think that the white chocolate cream is both easy to ice the cake with and not too heavy..
- The listed amount of cream is for a simply decorated cake, as photographed. If you want to make a more elaborate cake, prepare more cream..