Recipe: Tasty Gluten free rock cakes
Gluten free rock cakes. Catching up on the great British bake off this afternoon inspired me to do a bit of Sunday afternoon baking. These rock cakes are super easy to make and are made with rapeseed oil instead of butter… This original recipe came from the internet though I have altered it slightly as it took many attempts to get the texture right! Rock cakes are a sweet treat made from eggs, flour, sugar, a raising agent, and fruit.
Learn how to make these delicious rock buns, or rock cakes. This easy rock cakes recipe uses only a handful of ingredients and makes tasty buns every time. A zesty, gluten-free cake that uses crème fraîche instead of butter, from Mary Cadogan's blog. You can have Gluten free rock cakes using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gluten free rock cakes
- It's 200 g of rice flour.
- It's 150 g of butter or margarine.
- You need 150 g of dried fruit (50g of it could be mixed peel, apricots...).
- You need 150 ml of milk.
- It's 75 g of sugar (any type).
- It's 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of mixed spice.
This gluten-free, flourless citrus cake is made using polenta and ground almonds. Serve with lemon drizzle icing and creamy mascarpone for an indulgent dessert. No matter how health-conscious you are, sometimes you just need cake! Everything from red velvet and one bowl chocolate cakes to the best moist and tender vanilla There are even recipes for a DIY gluten free chocolate cake mix and DIY gluten free vanilla cake mix.
Gluten free rock cakes instructions
- Cream together butter and sugar in mixing bowl..
- Add flour, mixed spice, baking powder and rub in with fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs..
- Stir in fruit..
- Add egg and a splash of milk. Begin to stir with a knife and gradually add remaining milk whilst stirring to form a soft dough..
- Dollop spoonfuls of dough and lay onto lined baking tray, leaving room to spread..
- Cook in preheated oven at 190C for around 20 minutes or until golden brown..
Skipping on gluten doesn't have to mean skimping on flavor. Try these gluten-free cake recipes for moist, rich and delicious cakes! An incredibly moist and deliciously spiced gluten-free carrot cake recipe with an oh-my-goodness cream cheese frosting. The recipe has a dairy-free Super moist, deliciously spiced, gluten-free carrot cake with a perfect balance of sweet carrots and raisins, pecans, juicy pineapple and the light. Gluten free Cake Delivery for Gifts and Holidays.