Recipe: Tasty Caramel Apple Pie Cookies
Caramel Apple Pie Cookies. Apple Pie Cookies - sticky and chewy, bite-sized caramel apple pies. Sometimes the regular old apple pie recipe is just too much dessert to handle. These gooey bites bring you the best of both worlds: the fruity-caramel flavor of traditional pie, with all of the convenience of a simple cookie recipe!
Try this Caramel-Apple Pie Cookies recipe for an easier than pie solution to those classic, fresh-baked, apple pie cravings. These pie cookies have a cut lattice crust and a sweet cinnamon, apple, and caramel filling. Sprinkle with fleur de sel before baking for a sweet and salty touch. You can cook Caramel Apple Pie Cookies using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Caramel Apple Pie Cookies
- It's 1 package of refrigerated Pie Crust ( 2 Crust).
- Prepare 5 oz of caramel topping.
- You need 10 oz of apple pie filling.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- You need 1/4 Cup of sugar.
A classic apple pie is always at the top of our fall baking list, but this year we are deciding to step it up. Caramel brings out the sweetness of apples and Cookies are also used to develop and serve ads, content or features that are more relevant to your interests. Collection by Angie. · Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies - light, fluffy and spicy on the inside and sweet and crunchy on the outside. A yummy homemade Gingerbread cookie recipe.
Caramel Apple Pie Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray cookie sheet with non-stick spray set aside. Warm the pie crust slightly (it makes them easier to work with) Sprinkle your work area with flour and slightly roll out crust..
- Next, spread a thin layer of caramel on one of the crust, use a knife to slice the pie filling into smaller pieces. Then, spread them over the top of caramel. Cut other crust in ti 1/2 inch strips, and use the strips to create a lattice (crisis-cross pattern) top over pie covered crust..
- Cut out circles and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Then beat an egg in a bowl and mix sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Brush the lattice top with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar mixture. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown..
Truth be told, I had a hard time naming these. I settled on Caramel Apple Pie Cookies but you could also think of these as apple pie bites. With the combination of apple, cinnamon, caramel, and pie crust these smell heavenly and they taste even. These Caramel Apple Pie cookies are the BOMB! Honestly, they are my favorite cookies ever….which is a little strange since I am a chocoholic and there is not any chocolate in this recipe.