Recipe: Perfect Vickys Pear Shortbread Streusal Bars, GF DF EF SF NF #picnic
Vickys Pear Shortbread Streusal Bars, GF DF EF SF NF #picnic. Sprinkle the well-drained pears with the sugar and cinnamon when the shortbread base comes out of the oven and spoon it over evenly with a slotted spoon to catch any more water. Vickys Scottish Shortbread, GF DF EF SF NF instructions. Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy then stir in the flour until combined to a dough you can pick up.
These dessert bars are inspired by one of the most popular summer desserts, and the cinnamon streusel topping takes them to the next mouthwatering level. These Pumpkin Pie Streusel Bars have a buttery shortbread crust, a creamy pumpkin filling, and a crumbly cinnamon streusel on top. I think these cranberry shortbread streusel bars are going to be sticking around in our house. You can have Vickys Pear Shortbread Streusal Bars, GF DF EF SF NF #picnic using 18 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Pear Shortbread Streusal Bars, GF DF EF SF NF #picnic
- Prepare of Base.
- Prepare of (1 & 1/4 cups) gluten-free / plain flour.
- Prepare of xanthan gum if using GF flour.
- It's of gold foil-wrapped Stork margarine block, cubed.
- You need of granulated sugar.
- You need of Filling.
- It's of large pears, around 2lbs, diced.
- You need of granulated sugar.
- It's of ground cinnamon.
- It's of vanilla extract.
- It's of Topping.
- Prepare of gluten-free / plain flour.
- Prepare of light brown sugar.
- Prepare of ground cinnamon.
- It's of ground cardamom.
- It's of ground ginger.
- Prepare of gold foil-wrapped Stork margarine block.
- You need of gluten-free rolled oats.
Maybe we'll even start a new tradition and make them every year. I know how important traditions can be this time of year. Allergy friendly (GF, DF, SF, NF, EF, Refined sugar free) A buttery shortbread crust forms the base for these chewy, chocolaty bars.
Vickys Pear Shortbread Streusal Bars, GF DF EF SF NF #picnic step by step
- Line a 9"× 9" square tin with parchment paper and preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350F.
- Make the shortbread base by mixing the flour, xanthan gum if using and sugar together, then cutting in the margarine with a fork until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Press into the bottom of the tin and bake for 25 minutes. It won't be completely done at this point but don't bake any longer.
- Meanwhile put the diced pears in a pan and cover with water. Bring to the boil then turn down and let simmer for 5 minutes so the pears soften a bit before baking. If using tinned pears ignore this step and just drain them well.
- Drain then let sit 5 minutes and drain again.
- Prepare the topping in the same way as the base - mix the flour, sugar and spices in a bowl then cut in the margarine. Stir in the oats then set aside.
- Sprinkle the well-drained pears with the sugar and cinnamon when the shortbread base comes out of the oven and spoon it over evenly with a slotted spoon to catch any more water.
- Spread the topping over the pears, press in lightly and bake for 35 minutes until golden.
- Let cool and set completely in the tin.
- Remove from the tin and slice into squares.
- These can be individually wrapped and frozen for up to a month.
- Brilliant for packed lunch boxes or served with custard or ice cream.
In a bowl, beat the pecans into the remaining dough. Crumble the pecan streusel on a plate. Finally corn-free GF DF buttah :D I will be subbing the coconut oil with another chelle-allergen friendly maybe I Gluten Free Dairy Free Baked Oatmeal Bars. eta: Made this a Free Eats' GFCoffee Cake with Raspberry-Chia Jam and Cinnamon Streusel Topping. Vickys Cheese & Onion Scones, GF DF EF SF NF Recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook. Great recipe for Vickys Cheese & Onion Scones, GF DF EF SF NF.