Recipe: Perfect Chocolate Layer Cake
Chocolate Layer Cake.
You can have Chocolate Layer Cake using 23 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Layer Cake
- Prepare of cake batter.
- Prepare 1 cup of cake flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It's 3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder, I use Hersheys special dark.
- Prepare 2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 large of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1 cup of cooled brewed espresso.
- It's 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It's 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of mayonnaise.
- It's 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- It's 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- It's of chocolate buttercream frosting.
- It's 1 oz of bakers chocolate, unsweetened, melted.
- You need 2 stick of unsalted butter, softened. 8 ounce total.
- It's 3 3/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3 1/2 tbsp of heavy cream.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 pinch of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
Chocolate Layer Cake instructions
- In a large mixing bowl, beat all wet in ingredients together on medium speed until well blended..
- In another bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients..
- Slowly add to wet on low speed until just incorporated..
- Grease and flour two 9" cake pans. You may use some cocoa powder instead of flour..
- Place in a preheated 350°F Fahrenheit oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean..
- Set on cooling racks to cool 20 minutes before removing from cake pans..
- While cake is baking, start the frosting..
- Cream butter and sugar and cocoa powder together beating on medium speed for 3 minutes..
- Add in melted bakers chocolate, cream and mix..
- Add in other ingredients and beat on medium for 4 minutes..
- Refrigerate until cakes are cooled..
- On your serving platter, place one cake layer. To keep a clean platter, cut parchment paper into strips and place around cake..
- Take frosting and frost top of cake layer. Add second cake on top. Spread frosting on top and work down sides..
- You can take your time and work a smooth texture using an off set spatula. Or just frost using all the frosting and leave swirl marks..
- Top the cake with any decorations you wish. Today, I used crushed butterfinger candies. It helps hide mistakes ;).
- Serve and enjoy. Cake should be stored, covered and refrigerated..
- Recipe by taylor68too..