Recipe: Perfect Blueberry ice cream
Blueberry ice cream. Preparation In a saucepan bring blueberries, sugar, and salt to a boil over moderate heat, mashing berries and stirring with a fork. Creamy homemade blueberry ice cream, bursting with flavor! I made this blueberry ice cream a few weeks ago, full well knowing that it would likely be the last homemade ice cream of the season.
This blueberry ice cream is rich, creamy, and delicious. Serve this ice cream at a summer gathering or special occasion. This would be wonderful with lemon pound cake or with a fresh blueberry sauce. You can have Blueberry ice cream using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Blueberry ice cream
- You need 1 cup of fresh Blueberries,.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of Heavy cream.
- It's 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Water.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- It's as needed of Mint leaves to garnish (optional).
Wonderful blueberry ice cream that can be made from either fresh or frozen blueberries. The recipe comes from a Country Woman Magazine. Prep Time This blueberry ice cream will add a sweet ending to any meal. It's best to make the base and chill it overnight before processing in your ice cream maker.
Blueberry ice cream instructions
- 1. In a saucepan, stir in blueberries, 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tbs water and simmer them till the sugar is completely dissolved and blueberries have softened. Then turn off the stove and let it cool..
- In another saucepan, combine together heavy cream, milk, rest of the sugar and vanilla extract and simmer it for 4-5 minutes.Remove from the heat and let this mixture coo.
- 3. Once the blueberries mixture have cooled, puree them. And when the milk mixture is cooled mix both the mixtures together..
- 4. Then leave this mixture in freezer for about 20 minutes. Take it out and whisk it well and keep it back in the freezer. Repeat this every 30 minutes till it's frozen. It will be in the texture of soft serve ice cream..
- . Then cover the mixture and freeze it till it's firm. Then let it sit in room temperature for 5 minutes, scoop it and serve..
This fresh blueberry ice cream is the perfect way to enjoy those fresh blueberries this season. See more ideas about Blueberry ice cream, Ice cream, Frozen treats. Treat yourself to this Wild Blueberry Ice Cream for dessert. It's easy to make at home with all your favorite mix-ins! Blueberry ice cream is made out of the blueberry fruit.