Recipe: Appetizing Toffee apple crumble cupcakes
Toffee apple crumble cupcakes. Toffee adds a decadent twist to a classic apple crumble. For the crumble, rub the flour, butter and sugar together in a bowl with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Who doesn't love apple crumble, especially when it comes out the oven golden, bubbling and delicious.
Here's James Rich's toffee apple cake. Love a bit of apple crumble and custard? Make your favourite dessert into bite-sized treats with this recipe. You can cook Toffee apple crumble cupcakes using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Toffee apple crumble cupcakes
- Prepare of Apple topping.
- It's 4 medium of apples braeburns cox's or granny smiths are perfect.
- It's 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 1 of cinnamon to personal preference.
- It's of Crumble topping.
- It's 75 grams of butter.
- It's 1 cup of plain flour.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare of Toffee Sauce.
- It's 3 tbsp of golden syrup.
- It's 1 tbsp of double cream.
- Prepare 1 packages of plain sponge mix.
When the cakes are cool, pipe ring swirls around the edge of the cupcakes leaving the centre open, fill the centre with remaining apple sauce and sprinkle the crumble mix over the top. These extra-special cupcakes taste just like traditional crumble and custard - top with cream icing and apple-shaped biscuits. Whip the chilled custard cream icing to soft peaks, then transfer to a piping bag fitted with a large round nozzle. Pipe some icing onto each cupcake, then smooth the surface.
Toffee apple crumble cupcakes instructions
- preheat oven to 175°.
- make cake mix according to instructions seperate into 12 cases and bake until they are just. cooked approx 10 mins..
- in a pan heat up the golden syrup until it has a runny water like consistency then whisk in cream. Once combined wrll set aside to cool..
- combine flour and sugar then rub in the cold butter until it resembles breadcrumbs..
- peel core and dice apples and boil with a little water until soft enough to be mashed. too much water will make the apples too wet. so watch how much you add..
- take cakes out of oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before filling with the toffee sauce. again do not overfill or the cake will become too wet..
- strain the cooked apples to remove as much liquid as possible. then add the cinammon and mash..
- spread about a teaspoon and a half on top of toffee filled cakes..
- next sprinkle with the crumble topping return to oven and bake at approx 175 for s further ten mins or until crumble topping is golden brown..
- finally serve warm with ice cream custard or cream..
- do note the cases need to be deep enough to contain the topping. muffin cases and a deep pan usually works..
This cake has four layers of light brown sugar sponges, apple compote filling, and squiggles of salted caramel. And a few clusters of crumble, you know, for texture, as they say. Toffee apple crumble is as good as it sounds. Tart apples, creamy sweet toffee sauce and a perfectly crunchy crumble topping. The filling is made with crisp Bramley apples and sweet dates in an indulgent caramel.