Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty Oatmeal Banana Bread Cookies
Oatmeal Banana Bread Cookies. Healthy banana bread breakfast cookies that are made with just banana and oats. Normally I would say regular cookies, but since these taste like banana bread AND oatmeal, I'm really quite in love. And when chocolate chips are thrown in the mix?
Begin by combining the flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and spices in a bowl. So tell me… What's your favourite on the go food? Haha, well that might be a little tricky to come up with such a banana bread. You can cook Oatmeal Banana Bread Cookies using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Oatmeal Banana Bread Cookies
- Prepare 1 of Bananas - ripened.
- You need 1 cup of Oatmeal.
- It's 5 tbsp of Butter - softened.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cinnamon.
- It's 5 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of Brown sugar.
- It's 1 of Egg.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp of Vanilla.
- It's 1 tsp of Baking soda.
- Prepare 1 cup of Flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of Raisons, cranberries, blueberries, etc. OPTIONAL.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Walnuts, pecans, etc. OPTIONAL.
Especially because we focus on quick recipes. Other than that I don't know why anyone who likes banana bread wouldn't love these! These BANANA OATMEAL COOKIES are loaded with ripe bananas, oats, and chocolate chips for a soft cookie that tastes like my favorite banana bread! I think they're basically the worst fruit to exist, unless they're baked into something like my chocolate banana bread or banana coffee cake, in which.
Oatmeal Banana Bread Cookies instructions
- Put oatmeal and bananas in a medium bowl, and mush the bananas into the oatmeal, using a fork..
- In a separate bowl, mix butter, cinnamon, sugar, and brown sugar until evenly blended. (I heated mine in the microwave for about 10-15seconds, so the butter was warm, and helped devolve the sugars better.).
- Add the egg and vanilla. Whisk until texture is smooth..
- Add the flour and baking soda to the banana/oatmeal mixture. Mix together evenly..
- Pour the liquid mixture onto the flour/oatmeal - mix together until texture is a little bit more runny than cookie dough. I add 1-3 tablespoons of flour while mixing to get a little bit better consistency; also adding more sugars, cinnamon, and vanilla. You don't want it too doughy tho, it's suppose to be a little runny..
- Add raisins or nuts now, if you want. Preheat oven to 350?F..
- Using a tablespoon, drop cookies onto a non stick cookie sheet, or lightly greased one. (The tablespoon will drop them into little balls, keep them that shape, the heat of the oven will form them into cookies.).
- Bake for 14-18 minutes. When the edges become a golden brown they're ready. Cool them on a wire rack for a couple minutes, and enjoy! xox.
Store these banana oatmeal cookies in an airtight container or bag and keep them at room temperature. You can even throw a piece of bread into the container with the cookies so it will soak up the extra air and the cookies won't dry out as fast. Banana Oatmeal Cookies from Delish.com are the most perfect cookies. Cookies and similar technologies ("Cookies") are needed for the proper functioning of this site and to give you the optimum experience of the services you request, including our content and other features. If there are two recipes that should be included in any list of home cooking comfort foods it would oatmeal cookies and banana bread.