Easiest Way to Make Delicious Socca (Farinata)-A Gluten-Free Chickpea Flatbread
Socca (Farinata)-A Gluten-Free Chickpea Flatbread. How To Make Socca: A Naturally Gluten-Free Chickpea Flatbread. You'll most often find socca cooked street-side on fiery grills, where the resulting flatbread is coarsely chopped and served in a cone with a sprinkling of salt and pepper. This may seem rather dramatic, but socca and I are soulmates.
It's made with chickpea flour, making it gluten free, grain free and a good source of protein and fiber. Traditionally, socca is cooked in an open oven on a large. This is essentially a large chickpea pancake from Provence (and neighboring Liguria, where it's called farinata). You can cook Socca (Farinata)-A Gluten-Free Chickpea Flatbread using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Socca (Farinata)-A Gluten-Free Chickpea Flatbread
- Prepare 1 Cup of Lukewarm Water.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chickpea flour/Besan.
- It's 1 Tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 Tsp of Freshly ground black pepper.
- It's 2 Tbsp of Olive oil.
- It's 2 of Onion, thinly sliced Medium size.
- It's 3-4 tbsp of Chopped olives.
- It's 2 Tsp of Dried rosemary.
It's traditionally cooked in wood ovens on copper disks, roughly cut and served hot or warm. Socca is a type of thin unleavened pancake, flatbread or crepe made with chickpea flour. It has other names in various regions of France and Italy (farinata, Panisse) and can be made. Let's talk about socca, shall we?
Socca (Farinata)-A Gluten-Free Chickpea Flatbread instructions
- Add 1 cup chickpea flour in a bowl.Slowly add 1 cup lukewarm water and whisk until you get smooth batter without any lumps..
- Cover with plastic wrap and let batter rest for 30 minutes on kitchen counter to give the flour time to absorb the water..
- Preheat the oven to 250*C for 10 minutes. Put a nonstick pan in oven..
- Add 1tbsp of oil,salt as per your taste to batter and whisk well..
- Carefully remove the hot pan from the oven..
- Add 1 Tbsp of oil, enough to coat the bottom of the pan..
- Immediately pour the batter into the center of the pan..
- Tilt the pan so the batter coats the entire surface of the pan..
- Top the batter with sliced onions,dried rosemary and chopped olives..
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the bread is firm and the edges set.After 15 minutes heat the broiler and set the pan a few inches away from the broiler for 2 minutes or until top starts to golden a bit..
- Remove pan, let cool a few minutes, using a spatula gently push under and around the sides of the flatbread.Cut it into wedges, and serve hot or warm..
For those of you who are not familiar with this food, socca is a sort of large flatbread (or unleavened pancake if you prefer) made with chickpea flour, water, olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper. Socca bread, or chickpea flatbread is fluffy and flavourful, and super versatile. Cut into triangles and use for dipping. Or make it a pizza with your favourite toppings. This easy socca recipe is not only vegan, but oil free, gluten free and wheat free too!