Recipe: Tasty Fruit salad parfait with shortbread cookie crumble
Fruit salad parfait with shortbread cookie crumble. Fruit salad parfaits with a sweet shortbread cookie crumble - Perfect for breakfast or dessert! That crunchy component is often granola, but when Walkers Shortbread asked me to team up with them, I immediately started dreaming up this cookie crumble topping for a summertime parfait. Fruit Parfait made with Crumbled Gluten Free Cookies is a delicious summertime dessert.
TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE - Banana pudding parfaits made with rum and buttery shortbread cookies. Instead of the classic Nilla wafers, I use crumbled shortbread cookies because they have a rich, buttery flavor and stay crunchy even when completely covered with pudding. They are Chocolate - Cardamom shortbread cookies, Lemon - Rosemary shortbread cookies and Lime - Basil shortbread cookies. fudge-striped shortbread cookies. You can cook Fruit salad parfait with shortbread cookie crumble using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fruit salad parfait with shortbread cookie crumble
- It's 1 cup of blueberries.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped strawberries.
- You need 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of honey.
- You need 2 cups of vanilla yoghurt.
- Prepare 5 sticks of pure butter shortbread.
- Prepare 1 cup of red currant.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cherries.
Just before serving add crumbled fudge stripe cookies. (Don't crumble too much. (The fruit amount is not written in stone. These were so easy to make and yet turned out fabulous. Japanese parfaits are made mainly of ice cream, fruits, and whipped cream along with some other sweet ingredients. If you ask folks who live in the US, they would be considered these sundaes rather than parfaits.
Fruit salad parfait with shortbread cookie crumble instructions
- In a large bowl, make fruit salad by combining 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon honey, strawberries, red currant, blue berries and cherries..
- In a food processor/blender, pulse cookies until they are small crumbs. Add 1/2-1 table spoon lemon juice and 2 tablespoons honey and pulse more until combined. Set aside.
- In a cup/cups, layer 1/2 cup fruit salad,then add 1/4 cup sweetened vanilla yoghurt and then 2 tablespoons cookie crumble. Top with fruit salad if you want and serve. Enjoy!.
Finally, make sure to insert one or two Pocky's or cigarette cookies in your parfait! These Shortbread Cookies are homemade shortbread/cutout cookies with a simple powdered sugar icing. Check out the easy method for rolling out the Use cookie cutters of choice to cut out cookies. You may need to use a toothpick or dull point of a knife to extract small pieces i.e. legs, tails, stems, etc. The trick with shortbread cookies to ensure they are melt-in-your-mouth as they should be is to ensure the dough is nice and crumbly!