Recipe: Delicious Easter Koulourakia from Smyrna
Easter Koulourakia from Smyrna. Easter Koulourakia from Smyrna. Δημοφιλέστερες Ειδήσεις Sintages Pareas. Here's an authentic recipe for Easter koulourakia. In this video I show you how to make traditional Greek Easter cookies.
These sweet little Greek Easter cookies are super quick to bake, so much fun to make and highly addictive to eat! Beat the sugar with the eggs and the vegetable oil shortening. These are literally my favorite cookies of all time. You can cook Easter Koulourakia from Smyrna using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easter Koulourakia from Smyrna
- Prepare 1 kg of (approximately) soft flour.
- It's 250 g of margarine.
- It's 250 g of butter.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It's 1 cup of orange juice.
- You need 350 g of sugar.
- You need 30 ml of brandy.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla powder or extract.
- It's 1 teaspoon of (full) baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1-2 of eggs to brush the top of the cookies.
Koulourakia are a traditional cookie served at Easter time. There are a bunch of different recipes for this Smirneika koulourakia (cookies from Smyrna/Izmir) that are extremely tasty!! Easter Greek Cookies also know as Koulourakia are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. They are perfect for Easter or various festivals.
Easter Koulourakia from Smyrna step by step
- Beat the butter and margarine with the sugar using a mixer. These should be at room temperature. If you wish you may melt the butter/margarine and beat the mixture with a whisk..
- Add the egg and then all the liquids (orange juice, brandy, olive oil)..
- Add the vanilla and flour with the baking powder bit by bit..
- Knead until you get a soft and pliable dough and form into cookies..
- Brush the cookies with egg and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 25 minutes depending on your oven. Good luck!.
The name for Koulourakia comes from their round twisted shape. Kids will love helping you roll out these traditional Greek cookies. Koulourakia are a crispy, orange-scented Greek Easter Cookies that are the perfect treat with coffee or hot chocolate. Koulourakia, on the other hand are a much smaller, butter cookie that are hand rolled and shaped into fun twisted designs. Koulourakia are a traditional Greek dessert, typically made around Easter to be eaten after Holy Saturday.