Recipe: Appetizing Apple Pie Spice Bars
Apple Pie Spice Bars. Perfectly flavor your pie with the apple pie spice from McCormick — the Official Spice of Tasty! Apple Pie Spice is a simple mixture of autumnal spices - cinnamon, cardamom, and ginger - that creates the perfect spice blend for fall baking. Spices such as cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cardamom come together in this easy homemade Apple Pie Spice.
Apple pie bars are a twist on the old favorite! Two layers of delicious, buttery crust stuffed with aromatic and flavorfully baked apple pieces. These bars with the buttery crust topped with cinnamon and vanilla spiced apple chunks covered with another layer of crust(!!) and drizzled with a slightly. You can have Apple Pie Spice Bars using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Apple Pie Spice Bars
- It's 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It's 2 cup of light brown sugar packef.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cold unsalted butter ( 1 stick ).
- Prepare 1 of large egg, beaten.
- It's 1 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It's 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It's 2 1/2 cup of tart apples such as granny smith, peeled, cored and cut into small dice..
- It's 1 1/4 cup of toffee pieces, I use Heath bits.
This delivers all the pleasure of apple pie — a buttery crust and topping sandwiching juicy spiced apples — without the need to roll out a dough. To serve, lift apple pie bars out of pan and onto a large cutting board. Classic apple pie flavor in an easy-to-make bar. Top with ice cream for an even more over-the-top treat.
Apple Pie Spice Bars step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Have a ungreased 9 by 13 inch baking pan ready..
- In a large bowl combine flour and sugar, cut in cold butter and mix to have a fine crumb mixture. This can be done with a few quick pulses in the food processor or with finger tips.
- Remove 3/4 cup crumb mixture and pat in bottom of baking pan, it will be thin and dry, which is how it should be..
- Add sour cream, egg, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and vanilla to remaining crumb mix in bowl, mix in with a spoon until combined, fold in apples.
- Drop mixture on top of crust in pan in even clumps, using an offset spatula or back of a spoon spread carefully over crust in even layer.
- Sprinkle toffee pieces evenly over batter in pan..
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until golden brown..
- Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into bars..
Apple Pie Bars are the perfect way to feed a crowd. When you need to make apple pie for a big group, these bars are absolutely perfect. With a no-fuss crust that you press (not roll), they're much easier. I had apples for a pie today but no apple pie spice. WOW.the aroma.apples & Autumn in a jar!