How to Prepare Yummy Rich Chocolate Slice Cakes
Rich Chocolate Slice Cakes. To make the base, melt the chocolate and the butter in hot bain-marie. Remove from the heat, leave to cool and stir in the egg. Whip the cream with the liqueur and icing sugar until stiff.
Deicious rich chocolate mud cake with white chocolate garnish sculpture. A chocolate cake is a baked cake that has been used with a chocolate bar or chocolate dust. Awfully Chocolate Celebration Cakes At Awfully Chocolate, we create special masterpieces to make every Slice into handmade caramel or chocolate espresso anniversary cakes as you say I. You can cook Rich Chocolate Slice Cakes using 19 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rich Chocolate Slice Cakes
- You need 8 oz of Plain Flour.
- You need 2 of heaped dessert spoons Cocoa powder.
- Prepare 4 oz of Butter or Marg.
- Prepare 2 oz of Castor Sugar.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Cold Water.
- Prepare of Cake Mix.
- It's 8 oz of Self Raising Flour.
- It's 8 oz of Margarine or Spread.
- You need 6 oz of Castor Sugar.
- It's 6 of Eggs.
- It's 2 oz of Cocoa Powder.
- You need 1 of Small Bag Chocolate Chips.
- You need of Grated Chocolate (see pic).
- Prepare of Ganache (optional).
- Prepare 1 pint of Double Cream.
- It's 1 Block of Dark Cooking Chocolate.
- It's of Chocolate Shavings to decorate.
Celebrate in style with your chocolate swirls around this rich chocolate cake layered with hazelnut. The combination of deeply-chocolaty cake and fresh raspberries is indulgently rich yet fresh at the same time. This is a rich and moist chocolate cake. It only takes a few minutes to prepare the batter.
Rich Chocolate Slice Cakes step by step
- I make the pastry in advance to rest it overnight in the fridge.
- Put the flour and cocoa powder, sugar and salt into the mixing bowl, combine well. I just use a whisk for my pastry making as it's easy and prevents shortening..
- Add the butter or margarine and using the whisk break it up in the flour until it’s to crumb..
- Add the egg and some of the water, mix to a dough paste adding more water where required to form a ball..
- Cover your pastry in cling film and leave in the fridge to rest..
- The Cake mix. Add the sugar and margarine to a blender and whisk until your mixture turns a very light colour, normally after about 5 minutes..
- Whilst they are mixing, weigh out your flour into a separate bowl and add the chocolate chips ensuring they are all covered in flour. This prevents them from all sinking to the bottom of the sponge when cooking. Then to the flour add the cocoa powder and mix in well with a fork..
- Going back to your blender, add the eggs to the margarine and sugar, 2 at a time to blend them in (this prevents splitting). Once all the eggs are blended, remove the bowl from the blender and using a large spoon, add the flour and start gently ‘cutting in’ this keeps the air in the cake mix..
- Preheat the oven to 150 (gas mark 4).
- Roll out the pastry on a flour dusted worktop quite thin to around 3-4mm and lay it into a baking tray lined with parchment/greaseproof paper. Trim the edges and pop it in the oven for about 5-6 minutes. This is known as ‘Blind Baking’ it ensures your pastry cooks thoroughly later. You’ll notice it is par-cooked. Allow to cool. Turn your oven up now to 160 Gas 5/6..
- Now add your sponge mix to your cooled pastry and spread evenly..
- Place your tray into the oven, here’s a few cooking tips. After 8-10 minutes turn your tray around and lay a loose sheet of foil to cover the top of the cake and leave it for a further 5-8 minutes. Now check to feel if the sponge is feeling firm. The foil prevents over cooking, burning and drying out. It also reflects the heat back into the sponge, reducing cooking time..
- Tip. It’s always good to keep your sponge moist, here’s a trick I always use. Cover a chopping board with cling film. When you remove the tray from the oven, lay the board on top of the cake then flip upside down, remove the tray and allow to rest to cool. The heat with the film puts moisture back into the sponge, it will also give you a perfectly flat top for decorating..
- The (optional) Ganache topping can now be made by melting the chocolate and adding the cream but, you can use supermarket chocolate spread or Nutella equivalent..
- Now using the baking tray on top of your pastry, flip the tray around and remove the chopping board to reveal your smooth top to decorate. I do like straight edges and uniform decorating because it adds to presentation but it is not necessary..
- Decorate your top as you please, slice and serve. You have a very moist chocolate cake, as ever, enjoy..
Frost with your favorite chocolate frosting. With slice on pedestal illustration Vector illustration available for download. Rich and famous chocolate cheesecake cartoon character holding money bag. Cool rich strawberry slice cake character having money on hands. Love chocolate and rich, gooey chocolate cake?