How to Cook Delicious Ragi, Bajra and Wholewheat Shortbread Cookies with Pumpkin Pie Spice
Ragi, Bajra and Wholewheat Shortbread Cookies with Pumpkin Pie Spice. Pearl millet cookies recipe a soft buttery cookie made with bajra or pearl millet flour. These cookies needs no rising agents still comes out so well perfect. Pecan Shortbread Cookies made perfect for fall with addition of pumpkin pie spice.
These are simple shortbread cookies with a few ingredients and spiced with fall spices. I used coconut oil and non dairy yogurt in these. Its fall so these are Pumpkin Pie Spice Shortbread Cookies. You can have Ragi, Bajra and Wholewheat Shortbread Cookies with Pumpkin Pie Spice using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ragi, Bajra and Wholewheat Shortbread Cookies with Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Prepare 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of Powdered Jaggery or Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Coconut Oil.
- It's 2 1/2 tablespoons of Hung Yoghurt (Use dairy free yoghurt for vegan version).
- You need 1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract.
- You need 3/4 teaspoon of Ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Ginger powder.
- You need Big pinch of Ground nutmeg.
- Prepare Big Pinch of Ground cloves.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- It's Big Pinch of Baking Soda.
- It's 1/2 cup of Sprouted ragi flour.
- It's 1/2 cup of Bajra flour (pearl millet).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of - Whole wheat flour.
- It's 1/2 cup of - Pitted and chopped dates.
- You need Small handful of Raisins.
- You need Handful of Chopped cashew small.
- It's Handful of Chopped almonds small.
Use other spices and blends like chai spice or cinnamon or no spice for variations. Press crust into the prepared baking dish in an even layer and set aside. Shortbread Cookies II. these cookies were fantastic!! i rolled out the dough and used cutters. turned out fantastic. also have sprinkled with sugar, and others i drizzled with chocolate. great recipe, you gotta try it. These Pumpkin Shortbread Cookies made with browned butter and pumpkin puree are lightly spiced, the perfect combo of crunchy and crumbly, and full of pumpkin flavor.
Ragi, Bajra and Wholewheat Shortbread Cookies with Pumpkin Pie Spice instructions
- Add the flour(s) into a bowl. Stir in baking soda and salt..
- In a bowl cream the coconut oil, sugar and yogurt until smooth and creamy. You can use a hand mixer or simply whisk by hand. I whisked it by hand..
- Add in the vanilla and spices. Mix well..
- Add the flour into the wet ingredients and mix well. Add chopped dates and nuts and mix thoroughly..
- Combine well into a soft dough..
- Cling wrap the dough and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes..
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the dough from the refrigerator. Shape cookies into desired shape. (you can also alternately roll out the dough and make shapes with cookie cutters) Arrange the cookies on a greased baking tray..
- Bake for 19 to 20 minutes (oven times may vary) or till the edges just start to change color. Cool completely and store in an air-tight container. (don't worry if the cookies are slightly soft after baking, they will harden as they cool down).
When I started planing recipes to share this fall, one of the first things I wanted to make was pumpkin shortbread cookies. They have a nice spice flavor from a blend of different spices. I also add ground pumpkin seeds to the cookie dough. Such a great way to relax after a hard days work. Loved the Lavender, and the Rosewater was incredible as well!