Easiest Way to Make Tasty MINT CHOCOLATE NANAIMO BARS. NUT & DYE FREE
MINT CHOCOLATE NANAIMO BARS. NUT & DYE FREE. Chocolate Mint Nanaimo Bars - There are many chocolate-mint lovers out there, and here in Canada an entire nation of Nanaimo Bar lovers. So needless to say, the marriage of these two delicious concepts is a natural. While perfect for the Christmas freezer at this time of year, a Nanaimo.
These squares are delicious any time of the year and best of all, they are no bake recipe. making this an easy nan! These Nanaimo bars have a great twist combining chocolate and mint! My new favorite way to enjoy them! You can have MINT CHOCOLATE NANAIMO BARS. NUT & DYE FREE using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of MINT CHOCOLATE NANAIMO BARS. NUT & DYE FREE
- You need of BASE:.
- Prepare 1 cup of CHIPITS Mint Chocolate Chips.
- You need 1/2 cup of Butter Softened.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of Graham Wafer Crumbs.
- Prepare 1 cup of Flaked Coconut.
- It's 1/2 cup of Finely Chopped Walnuts (THIS IS OPTIONAL. I DON'T ADD CAUSE OF ALLERGY TO NUTS).
- Prepare of FILLING:.
- Prepare 2 cup of Icing Sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Softened Butter.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Custard Powder.
- It's 1 tsp of Mint Extract.
- It's 1 of Several Drops Of Green Food Coloring (THIS IS OPTIONAL. I DON'T ADD CAUSE OF ALLERGY).
- It's of GLAZE:.
- It's 3/4 cup of CHIPITS Mint Chocolate Chips.
- It's 2 tsp of Vegetable Oil (I use canola or olive oil).
Nanaimo bars are one Christmas treat that. In this episode I'll show you how to make my Chocolate Mint Nanaimo Bars recipe. Nanaimo bars are a traditional Canadian dessert bar, originating out of Nanaimo, BC. Original versions use a great deal of white sugar, along with butter, and eggs.
MINT CHOCOLATE NANAIMO BARS. NUT & DYE FREE step by step
- BASE: Melt 1 cup mint chocolate chips with 1/2 cup butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir in graham wafer crumbs & coconut. (You can add finely chopped walnuts if you want). Press evenly into 9-inch square pan. Chill for 30 minutes..
- FILLING: Blend Icing sugar with 1/4 cup softened butter, milk, custard powder & mint extract. (You can add several drops of green food coloring if you want).
- GLAZE: Melt remainder of mint chocolate chips with oil in a bowl set over simmering water. Spread evenly over filling. Chill until completely set. Makes 20 Bars (Suggested serving).
This much healthier and vegan version is also gluten-free and nut-free. Not sickly sweet, but still decadent… possibly better than the. BASE: In medium saucepan over low heat (or in large bowl in microwave) melt mint chocolate chips and butter. Stir in graham wafer crumbs, coconut and nuts. I usually platter them with Cherry Almond Nanaimo Bars because they're pinkish red, for Christmas Note: Time includes setting times.