Recipe: Yummy Vickys Homemade Nutrigrain Bars, GF DF EF SF NF
Vickys Homemade Nutrigrain Bars, GF DF EF SF NF. Allergy friendly (GF, DF, SF, NF, EF, Refined sugar free) Vickys Banana Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF instructions Vickys Quick Neopolitian Ice Cream Steps to Prepare Homemade Bacon Wrapped Ground Sirloin Loaf. Steps to Prepare Favorite My Spicy Love Noodles. Vickys Caledonian Cream Dessert, GF DF EF SF NF instructions.
I hadn't made them for a couple of months and while the kids were out playing I made a batch. I hunted for a recipe that would approximate the store-bought bars, but that I could guarantee weren't full of preservatives. Homemade cereal grain bars are even tastier than the boxed version, but so much healthier. You can cook Vickys Homemade Nutrigrain Bars, GF DF EF SF NF using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Homemade Nutrigrain Bars, GF DF EF SF NF
- It's 150 g of gluten-free / plain flour (1 & 1/4 cups).
- It's 120 g of soft brown sugar (2/3 cup).
- It's 100 g of rolled oats (1 rounded cup).
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum if using GF flour.
- You need 60 ml of sunflower oil or melted safe 'butter' (1/4 cup).
- You need 60 ml of apple juice (1/4 cup).
- It's 200 g of jam of choice for filling - strawberry, apricot, blueberry.
These are made with oats, flaxseed meal, and honey My kids love nutrigrain and other fruit cereal bars. At first glance, they look like a healthy easy lunchbox option. It all started on the bus ride back to my car after class. I don't usually eat Nutrigrain bars because they higher in sugar and they have a super long list of what I view as unnecessary ingredients. homemade nutrigrain-bar nutrition facts and nutritional information.
Vickys Homemade Nutrigrain Bars, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 3 / 160C / 325F and line an 8"× 12" tin.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Add the oil / melted safe fat and juice. Mix to form a slightly crumbly dough.
- Press half of the mixture into the bottom of the tin. You may need to flour your hands.
- Spread the jam on top.
- Gently press the remaining oat mixture on top. This can be a bit tricky! Flour your hands well! It may be easier to use a rolling pin if you want to then lay the top layer over the jam.
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes until golden.
- Let cool in the tin then turn out and cut into slices.
A few years ago, my kids really liked Nutrigrain bars. I hunted for a recipe that would approximate the store-bought bars, but that I could guarantee weren't full of preservatives. Following a bad day, I decided to bake a cake. No recipe and never made before. This cake is allergy friendly. enjoy.