Recipe: Yummy Vegan Gluten-Free Tofu Omlette
Vegan Gluten-Free Tofu Omlette. I have to confess, this omelette looks WAY better than my first attempts at making vegan tofu omelettes. Making pancake-like things including crepes, omelettes, Indian Fill it with your toppings of choice and make it your own. Low-Fat Silken Tofu Omelet [Vegan, Gluten-Free].
I love this Tofu Omelette recipe from Post Punk Kitchen. Understand this won't be the easiest vegan breakfast you've ever made, but I honestly never got the hang of an egg omelet either. Tofu and hummus provide a sturdy base, and nutritional yeast and spices add tons of flavor. You can cook Vegan Gluten-Free Tofu Omlette using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Gluten-Free Tofu Omlette
- You need of Egg Mix.
- Prepare 2 packages of Soft Mori-Nu Tofu.
- It's 2 tbsp of Golden Flax Seeds.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Gluten Free Garbanzo Flour.
- You need 1 tsp of Black Kavala Salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of Nutritional Yeast Flakes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Onion Powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Turmeric.
- Prepare 1 dash of Chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Chicken Seasoning (vegetarian).
- Prepare 4 oz of Soy Kaas Mozzarella Cheese.
- You need 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- It's of Omelette Fillings.
- Prepare 2 of Small White Onions.
- It's 1 of Red Pepper.
- You need 5 of White Mushrooms.
- Prepare 7 of Green Olives.
- Prepare 2 of Chive Onions.
- You need 4 clove of garlic.
- It's 1 of Large Tomato.
It's vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, and of course egg-free, yet tastes surprisingly similar to egg omelettes! These vegan omelettes are made from chickpea flour aka garbanzo bean flour. If you have never used chickpea flour before, it's pretty amazing stuff! Serve with toast (or not if gluten-free) and you have yourself a vegan breakfast of kings I tell ya!
Vegan Gluten-Free Tofu Omlette step by step
- Lightly oil a pan with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and heat pan on medium high. Be sure to have your own sufficiently hot and ready.
- Combine all egg mix ingredients in a blender.
- Blend till smooth.
- Set egg mix aside and prepare your omelette fillings.
- Chop omelette fillings however you like, so they fit in the omelette.
- Pour your egg mix into your pre-heated pan, about half an inch thick.
- In another pan, combine your omelette fillings in another pan set to high. Leave out tomatoes from pan for now.
- Your egg mix will be ready to flip when the edges are golden brown. Flip carefully with a large spatula.
- Add fillings to your omelette, and allow the other side to cook a bit.
- Once cooked, remove omelette carefully and fold over once you place it on the plate.
I used black salt (kala namak) in this omelette, which gives a For more delicious 'eggy' vegan breakfast recipes check out our super 'eggy' vegan tofu scramble as well as our simple tofu scramble (yes we. If you are vegan or trying to eat less animal foods and you miss egg-type meals, then you've come to the right place! This is a protein rich vegan breakfast idea made with omelet. You will never ever find that this is made with tofu. It is so delicious and so healthy as well.