Recipe: Yummy Ali’s Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Coconut Rum Cookies
Ali’s Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Coconut Rum Cookies. An easy recipe for soft and chewy gluten-free chocolate chip cookies. Baked in just ten minutes with a nice crispy edge. Gluten-Free Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies.
The other day I received a call from Kelly about a potluck at my children's school. Coconut flour and coconut oil give these chewy gluten and dairy free chocolate chip cookies a delicious subtle coconut background flavor. These cookies are both gluten and dairy free, so they are perfect for those on restricted diets. You can have Ali’s Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Coconut Rum Cookies using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ali’s Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Coconut Rum Cookies
- Prepare 1 cup of shortening.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of butter flavoring.
- You need 1 Tbsp. of vanilla flavoring.
- You need 1/4 cup of coconut Rum (Malibu or Parrot Bay).
- You need 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It's 3/4 cup of light brown sugar (packed).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp. of coarse Kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of baking powder.
- It's 2-1/4 cup of gluten-free all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips (more or less as desired).
- You need 1/2 cup of sweetened coconut flakes.
Add flour, coconut and chocolate chips; mix thoroughly. This gluten-free chocolate chip cookie recipe is naturally sweetened, too! These eggless cookies are easy to make with almond meal and coconut flour. Make it dairy free/vegan: Just use the coconut oil instead of the butter (to make it dairy free) and choose maple syrup as your natural sweetener.
Ali’s Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Coconut Rum Cookies step by step
- Combine shortening, eggs, flavorings, sugars, rum, and salt. Mix on low to combine, then cream on medium-high speed for about 2 minutes until fully blended and light in color and texture..
- In separate bow, combine flour and baking powder. Sift or mix well with whisk..
- Turn mixer to lowest speed and fold in flour mixture a little at a time. Alternatively, fold flour mixture into wet batter by hand with large spatula. Fold until combined, but don’t overwork. A little bit of dry flour is ok at this point..
- Add chocolate chips and coconut flakes to dough mixture. Fold by hand with large spatula until fully incorporated..
- Cover mixing bowl with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour to chill dough..
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheet or 1/2 sheet pan with parchment paper..
- Use 1 tablespoon measuring soon to scoop balls of cookie dough. Place on parchment-lined sheet pan, about 2” apart. (1/2 sheet pan makes 12 cookies).
- Bake 10-11 minutes until edges start to brown. This will make soft, chewy cookies. For a little firmer bite, cook 1-2 additional minutes until tops start to brown..
- Remove from oven and let rest for about 1 minute. Transfer to wire rack to cool..
- Let pan cool for a few minutes before starting next batch..
- Quick Tip- to speed up process, remove parchment paper and run backside of pan under cool water for 10-15 seconds. Make sure to dry off any excess water. Replace parchment and start next batch..
- Option #1 - place a small pinch of coconut flake on top of cookie dough ball before baking to add some extra texture. The flakes will melt in slightly and tips will brown for that toasted coconut flavor..
- Option #2 - lightly sprinkle a little extra coarse kosher salt over tops of cookies as soon as removed from oven and resting on pan. Don’t over do it... just ever so subtle..
- Serve warm with glass of favorite milk or coffee. Let cookies cool completely on wire rack and store in air-tight container. The flavor and texture actually gets better the next day!.
These gluten-free chocolate chip cookies were one I was especially pleased with. I have another listing for just Vegan We have upgraded to Bobs Red Mill Gluten-Free flour This listing is for vegan and gluten-free due to the price of gluten-free flour this listing is more to cover the cost of those items. Gluten and VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES. These homemade Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are gluten free and diary free! They're easy to make and you might even like them better than Obviously the texture of the coconut oil is different.