Recipe: Tasty Thumbprint Jam Cookies
Thumbprint Jam Cookies. Some recipes for thumbprint cookies call to bake the cookie dough before adding the jam, but we like adding the jam pre bake so that it gets nice and warm and bakes into the dough. Get Butter and Jam Thumbprints Recipe from Food Network. These Thumbprint Cookies are perfect for the holidays or any occasion!
Buttery shortbread is filled with sweet jam for this easy and delicious cookie. Jam Thumbprint Cookies from Barefoot Contessa. Thumbprint Cookies are a festive treat that melts in your mouth with irresistible shortbread flavors. You can cook Thumbprint Jam Cookies using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thumbprint Jam Cookies
- Prepare 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cornflour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted butter (room temperature).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of powder sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- It's 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/3 cup of jam/jellies (blueberry, mixed fruit).
These easy jam thumbprint cookies are simple butter cookies made with flour, sugar, butter and egg yolks—and a dollop of jam on top. The best cookies are often the simplest ones! Jam Thumbprint Cookies are still the classic favorite. The first time I had these tender, melt-in-your-mouth Buttery Jam Thumbprint Cookies was over a decade ago.
Thumbprint Jam Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven at 180 °C. Line baking tray with parchment paper..
- Sift the flour, cornflour and salt in a mixing bowl..
- Cream together butter and castor sugar in another bowl. Keep beating until the mixture is light and creamy..
- Add vanill extract and mix well..
- Now add dry ingredients (in 2 btches) into wet, scrapping down the bowl in between until well mixed. Gently bring the dough together. Do not knead..
- Shape the dough in 1 inch ball. Make indentation in the centre of cookie using your thumb or back of rounded 1/4 tsp..
- Fill it with jam. Do not overfill it..
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or just untill the edges are golden brown..
- Let it stand on cookie sheet for a minute and then transfer to cooling rack and cool completely..
Jump to Recipe • Print Recipe. Buttery soft cookies with a sweet The cookie equivalent of a cat lady. Amidst the holiday rush, I found these jam thumbprint. These Oat Jam Thumbprint Cookies are made with oat flour and rolled oats, berry jam, and sweetened with pure maple syrup for a healthy breakfast, snack or dessert! The classic thumbprint cookies should be kept in airtight containers, between sheets of waxed paper (or parchment paper), so that the jam won't stick.