Recipe: Tasty Tarta de Santiago. Santiago's tart. Gluten free
Tarta de Santiago. Santiago's tart. Gluten free. The tarta de Santiago, or St. James cake, is a simple Spanish almond cake that is naturally gluten-free. It finds it's origins in the Spanish region of Galicia, where it is also known as the Torta de Santiago because that's its name in the Galician language.
The recipe is suitable for holidays, dinners in the family or any other events when an easy dessert is required. Now - everyone's least favorite part of traditional gluten-free baking - fold in the egg whites to the almond flour mixture without over-mixing to the point where the egg whites go flat.. Tess on Valentine's Day: Tart Ch. You can have Tarta de Santiago. Santiago's tart. Gluten free using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tarta de Santiago. Santiago's tart. Gluten free
- Prepare 250 of ground almond.
- It's 250 of icing sugar.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 of tspn almond essence.
- It's 1/4 of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare of Zest of 1 lemon.
- It's of Extra icing sugar to decorate.
The Tarta de Santiago, a naturally gluten-free Spanish almond cake, is a very traditional Spanish dessert originating from the town of Santiago de Compostela in Galicia. Making this cake was a request from my daddy. He grew up in Spain, where this cake is very common and he requested I bake him this memory. The Tarta de Santiago (Spanish for Cake of St James), originated in Galacia, and dates back to the Middle Ages.
Tarta de Santiago. Santiago's tart. Gluten free instructions
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Mix lemon zest with icing sugar and eggs..
- Once mixed add the ground almond, almond essence and ground cinnamon..
- Pour to a greased round mould and bake for 15-20 minutes. This tart will not rise..
- Let it cool and you can decorate with icing sugar as in the picture. You will need a stencil, I used one of Santiago's cross which is the typical decoration..
It is made with almond flour, which means it's gluten-free. The Galatians were apparently very trendy. The taste is similar to a pound cake, but almost better in my opinion. You can mix it together in minutes. This classic dessert, the Tarta de Santiago, is a Galician specialty.