Recipe: Tasty Coconut Shortbread Easter Cookies
Coconut Shortbread Easter Cookies. Coconut Shortbread Cookies are gluten free cookies made from coconut flour, butter, sugar, and a hint of vanilla. These buttery-rich, crisp shortbread cookies are a great wheat-free alternative to classic shortbread. Without the additional coconut flavor, they have the faint aroma and taste With the flavor, you'll have a cookie with robust coconut taste, perfect for dunking into a pot of chocolate fondue or glass of milk.
If you want to make ahead, to prepare for the Christmas. Let me tell you a few things before we get into the good stuff though, number one - these coconut flour shortbread cookies are not identical to traditional shortbread. Toasted Coconut Shortbread Cookies, for the coconut lovers! You can have Coconut Shortbread Easter Cookies using 10 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coconut Shortbread Easter Cookies
- It's 12 ounces of unsalted butter, at room temperature (3 sticks).
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 3 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 of large egg lightly beaten with 1 tablespoon water (egg wash).
- Prepare 7 ounces of seeetened flaked coconut.
- You need of about 32 chocolate small eggs, I used Ghirdelli chocolate mini m.
- It's of for white chocolate drizzle.
- It's 4 ounces of white chocolate, melted, for best results don't use chi.
Yesterday afternoon I visited my former work colleagues in the Registrar's Office at Memorial University for sort of a "private" book signing of my new cookbook. Decorating Easter biscuits is a great way to spend the holidays with the kids or just to brush up on your own skills. These Coconut Shortbread Cookies work well for a cookie swap, because you can easily make several batches. These crunchy coconut shortbread cookies are sweet, salty, and totally addictive!
Coconut Shortbread Easter Cookies instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Unwrap and have ready the chocolate mini eggs.
- Whisk in a bowl the flour and salt.
- In another large bowl beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Beat flour in slowly and beat just until it forms a dough and all flour is incorperated. Press dough into a mass woth your hands.
- Roll the dough into golf size balls. Roll in egg wash.
- Roll in coconut to cover.
- Place on prepared pans and bake 20 to 25 minutes until golden.
- When they come out of the oven gently press a chocolate egg in the center of each cookie.
- Transfer to a rack tocool completely.
- Finish cookies.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate over cookies and allow to dry.
The cookies and the cookie glaze are both egg-free. Delicious toasted coconut shortbread cookies are something that should be enjoyed year round, but the cute bunny cut outs make them a perfect fit for spring. These cookies created by The Green Life are also a ideal for people with dietary restrictions as they are vegan and gluten free. These Coconut Flour Shortbread Cookies are one recipe you will want to add into your recipe box. Or maybe you just want a nice little treat to enjoy a hot Paleo latte with during Sunday.