Recipe: Perfect Gluten-Free Potato Pancakes
Gluten-Free Potato Pancakes. These Vegan Potato Pancakes are perfect for a savory Breakfast or Dinner! They're perfect with some Cashew "Sour Cream" and a sprinkle of Green Onion. I made these Potato Pancakes Gluten-Free by using an GF All-Purpose flour blend, but you could use regular flour as well.
These potatoes, with their dry flesh and high starch content, are ideal for frying. These gluten free sweet potato pancakes are really all that you're gonna need in life to be happy about putting things in your mouth. Well these are maybe some whole wheat healthy pumpkin pancakes depending on if you're feeling like a tater or like some pumpkin spice. You can cook Gluten-Free Potato Pancakes using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Gluten-Free Potato Pancakes
- Prepare 4 cup of leftover mashed white potatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 1 large of egg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped scallions.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare as needed of ghee or butter, for frying.
- Prepare of Sour cream and chives for serving (optional).
Fluffy and spiced, these sweet potato pancakes are just waiting to be smothered in grass-fed butter and maple syrup! ➤RECIPE. I've experimented with a lot of delicious recipes in the process including this gluten and dairy free recipe that I created for potato and zucchini pancakes. Despite all good intentions to serve these as a vegan dish, I used sizzling butter in the pan to make a crispy and sinfully buttery pancake. These Vegan Sweet Potato Pancakes are gluten-free and oil-free!
Gluten-Free Potato Pancakes instructions
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well..
- Melt ghee or butter on low-med heat in a skillet.
- Use an ice cream scoop to portion out the pancakes. If you don't have one, a 1/2 cup dry measuring cup will work..
- Scoop portioned mashed potatoes into pan, 2 at a time, and flatten with a spatula to desired thickness..
- Cook on each side for 5-6 minutes, or until golden-brown.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with sour cream and chives, if desired..
Made with almond flour and potato starch for the richest, moist and fluffy pancakes ever! To make the batter, place the flour, baking powder, egg, milk and leftover mash in a bowl and whisk together until smooth. There is nothing like fluffy flapjacks in the morning, right? Our Sweet Potato Pancakes are definitely a recipe you're going to fall in love with! Grate the onion into a large bowl.