Recipe: Yummy Gluten free Healthy Soup (Stracciatella)
Gluten free Healthy Soup (Stracciatella). Stracciatella is often referred to as 'Italian egg drop soup,' which is fine, but knowing the name actually means little, torn rags or shreds works so much better metaphorically. Stracciatella, also known as Stracciatella alla romana, is an Italian soup consisting of meat broth and small shreds of an egg-based mixture, prepared by drizzling the mixture into boiling broth and stirring. It is popular around Rome in the Lazio region of central Italy.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis. European Recipes Italian Soup Spinach Egg Recipes Lunch Gluten Free Low-Carb. Quick & Easy Highly Rated Healthy Surprise Me. You can have Gluten free Healthy Soup (Stracciatella) using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gluten free Healthy Soup (Stracciatella)
- You need 1 litre of vegetable stock.
- You need 2 bunches of leafy greens (I used kale).
- You need 2 of gloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- Prepare of Sprinkling of parmesan.
- It's 1 can of cannellini beans (I only had butter beans...).
- Prepare of pich salt.
- It's pinch of pepper.
You are at:Home»Ketogenic Food»How to Make Arugula Stracciatella Soup. Believe it or not, this soup makes an excellent breakfast! During the cold winter months, there is nothing better than starting your day with a hearty, savory soup. Everyday Eats, gluten free, main dishes, recipes, savory, soups, vegetarian.
Gluten free Healthy Soup (Stracciatella) step by step
- Bring stock to the boil.
- Clean and chop leafy greens..
- Peel two cloves of garlic..
- Fry garlic whole in coconut oil until brown then remove garlic and add the greens. Cook for 2 minutes..
- Add the greens to the stock and cook for a further 3 minutes..
- Beat the eggs and add the cheese. Temper the eggs by adding hot stock to the bowl. Then stir the stock rapidly while pouring in the eggs to create 'rags'..
- Add the beans and salt and pepper to taste..
Before I left for college many many MANY years ago, my grandmother taught me how to make her Stracciatella Soup. It was always something she made me when I was over at her house and HUNGRY (which was all the time). Stracciatella soup is a really quick Italian classic made with chicken broth, egg, parmesan, fresh spinach and orzo. Basically an Italian egg drop soup, which takes under twenty minutes to It's often made without pasta which would be great if your not eating carbs or if you are on a gluten free diet. Our favorite part about this recipe is that we almost always have the ingredients on hand.