Recipe: Yummy Blueberry-Lemon Crumb Bars♡
Blueberry-Lemon Crumb Bars♡. Blueberry-Lemon Crumb Bars. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. These Blueberry Lemon Crumb Bars are a tasty bite-sized dessert made with fresh blueberries. And they're easy to cut into These bars have three layers.
Blueberry Lemon Crumb Bars ~ These delicious bars are loaded with fresh blueberries, lemon and have a scrumptious crumb topping. These Lemon Blueberry Crumble Bars are gluten-free and made with whole and healthy ingredients. You can't beat the refreshing punch of lemon zest and the sweetness of the blueberries. You can cook Blueberry-Lemon Crumb Bars♡ using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Blueberry-Lemon Crumb Bars♡
- Prepare 1 of zest and juice of 1 lemon.
- It's 1 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 4 cup of fresh blueberries (I used deepfrozen).
- It's 3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- It's 4 tsp of cornstarch.
- It's 1 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
It's the perfect healthy dessert all summer long! Use a fork or pastry cutter to blend in the butter and egg. Pat half of dough into the prepared pan. In another bowl, stir together the sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch.
Blueberry-Lemon Crumb Bars♡ step by step
- Preheat the oven to 190° celcius (375 F). Put parchment paper over the griddle, also cover the sides!.
- With the convex side of a spoon, mix the lemon zest with 1 cup of sugar. Push it hard untill the sugar becomes a little moist..
- Mix the lemon-sugar-mix, 3 cups of flour and a teaspoon of baking powder. Then add the butter and the egg and mix with a fork. Do this untill there are no big butter parts left and everything is sort of equally mixed..
- Spread half of the mix over the baking plate. Push it with the convex side of a spoon equally over the plate..
- Mix the blueberries with half a cup of sugar, the cornstarch and the lemon juice..
- Spread the blueberry mix over the plate. Spread the rest of the dough over it. Do not push it, you want it to be crumbly!.
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes or untill the top get's brown. Let it cool down afterwards. Optionally you can make a frosting of powdered sugar, lemon juice and milk! Keep them in the fridge:) Enjoy!♡.
I used frozen blueberries which worked well! The hint of lemon just makes this recipe. Being a blueberry lover, I am sure I will use this recipe often! Had my kids and grandkids for the weekend. They love blueberries so I made these lovely bars for dessert.