Recipe: Yummy Apple Streusel Bars
Apple Streusel Bars. These Apple Streusel Bars are a great treat to satisfy those sweet cravings. I made these apple pie bars with streusel topping and after one bite I knew the rest needed to go to work with hubs. These Apple Streusel Bars are soft, moist, full of apples and topped with a warm cinnamon streusel!
This recipe is easy and fun for If sweets for breakfast isn't your thing, these Apple Streusel Bars are a fabulous finger pastry for a late. I'm making a dessert called Apple Streusel Cheesecake Bars. Perhaps it's the streusel topping. (Because, when is streusel not a good idea?) Perhaps it's the apple and granola studded throughout the bars. You can cook Apple Streusel Bars using 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Apple Streusel Bars
- It's 1 of FOR CRUST.
- You need 2 cup of flour.
- It's 1/2 of sugar.
- It's 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 of egg, beaten.
- You need 1 of FOR APPLE FILLING.
- You need 1 cup of softened butter.
- Prepare 1/2 of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- It's 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- It's 6 cup of peeled and cored and sliced baking apples such as granny smith or cortland.
- You need 1 of FOR GLAZE.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar.
- It's 3 tbsp of milk.
- It's 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of apple pie or pumpkin pie spice mix.
- You need 1 of ADDITION TO CRUMB TOPPING.
- It's 1/2 cup of toffee bits such as heath bits.
A Crescent Recipe Creations™ flaky dough sheet makes a simple crust for a dessert bar bursting with old-world flavors. These apple bars are a perfect way to satisfy those sweet cravings. They're also a great way to use up apples from a trip to the apple orchard. These sweet, cinnamon-flavored apple bars are the perfect accompaniment for your afternoon cup of coffee or tea.
Apple Streusel Bars instructions
- TO PREPARE PASTRY CRUST.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt,cut in butter, stir in egg mixture will be dry chill if it gets sticky just until crumbly.
- Divide mixture in half, press one half of mixture into non stick sprayed 9 by 13 inche baking pan.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- MAKE APPLE FILLING.
- Combine apples with lemon juice, sugar, flour and cinnamon, toss to coat apples. Arrange apples over prepared crust..
- Add toffee chips to reserved pastry crust and crumble together and sprinkle over apples evenly.
- Bake 40 minutes until golden, cool on rack.
- FOR GLAZE.
- When bars have cooled make glaze.
- Combine sugar, milk, vanilla and apple spice mix in bowl beat until smooth, drizzle over bars, let harden before cutting into bars about 30 minutes.
- Cut into bars. These freeze really well I wrap each bar and put in ziploc bags. Take a frozen one for lunch and its perfect by lunch time, great for kids lunch boxes. Also really good warmed in microwave and served with vanilla ice cream!!.
Reviews for: Photos of Cinnamon Streusel Fresh Apple Bars. Rich, creamy cheesecake bars are always a hit with the crowd—and even more so when they're baked with a nutty apple streusel topping. My favorite thing to bake with is apples, so this recipe was a must. -Oh, I also added extra apples and cinnamon, but I stayed around the same called for in the recipe. See more ideas about Food recipes, Food and Dessert recipes. The Apple Streusel Bars recipe out of our category Apple Pie!