Recipe: Perfect Almond shortbread lemon curd tart
Almond shortbread lemon curd tart. With an easy press-in almond shortbread crust and luscious, tangy lemon curd, this French-style gluten-free lemon tart is an easier version of the classic. This is the same recipe as my gluten-free lemon bars, just in a different shape! While the shortbread crust is baking, prepare the lemon curd.
These contain a lovely almond-flavoured soft. This Lemon Curd Tart pairs a crisp yet sweet pastry crust with a creamy smooth lemon curd filling. Lemon Curd is actually a preserve and while you can buy it, I encourage you to make your own as it is easy to make and the flavor is far superior. You can have Almond shortbread lemon curd tart using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Almond shortbread lemon curd tart
- It's 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of finely ground almonds (almond meal).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar (i used 1/4 cup xylitol and 1/4 cup Splenda).
- You need 12 tbsp of butter (1 1/2 stick) softened and cut into pieces.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 6 of lemons.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar (again i used half half xylitol and splenda).
- It's 8 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 8 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 pints of blueberries.
Lemons, both the zest and juice, are the main ingredients. Carefully remove the bowl from the microwave and push the curd through a fine-mesh sieve into another bowl. Press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the curd and refrigerate. This healthy lemon tart recipe uses dairy-free lemon curd and a gluten-free almond crust.
Almond shortbread lemon curd tart step by step
- Cream 12tbsp of butter with 1/2 cup sugar. When lighter in color start adding flours and salt. It will come out kind of crumbly but when squish it in your hand should hold together..
- Preheat oven to 350 and press the shortbread mixture to a pie plate, bottom and about 1/2inch up the sides. Bake for 10-15 min, until edges just slightly colored..
- Now start with curd. With veggie peeler peel skin from lemons(try not to get too much white stuff). After peeling cut lemons in half and juice them.
- Throw lemon skins with 1cup sugar into food processor and pulse until skins are completely blended with sugar and no large pieces left, about 2-3 min.
- Now start adding 8tbsp softened butter and keep blending. When creamed add egg yolks, one at a time..
- When everything incorporated add lemon juice and salt blend few more seconds.
- Put the lemon curd mixture into saucepan and simmer stirring constantly for about10min. It will have a texture of looser pudding..
- Pour curd into baked shell and sprinkle with blueberries. Bring back to oven for 10more min..
- Cool on a counter and then put in the refrigerator for few hours, it will be easier to cut. Enjoy.
They taste like lemon bars - one of the best easy dessert recipes! This healthy lemon tart recipe is brought to you by my friends at Bob's Red Mill. Thank you for supporting the brands that make this site (and my. Mix almonds, flour, ½ cup sugar and salt in bowl. Rub butter pieces, bit by bit, into flour.