How to Make Tasty Classic Shortbread Cookies
Classic Shortbread Cookies. A classic holiday cookie, made two ways! Shortbread is a great cookie-jar cookie, in that it keeps well at room temperature for several days. Classic Shortbread Cookies Recipe I'll show you how to make a delicious, classic shortbread cookie.
Shortbread is one of the first things I remember. These cookies consist of a shortbread crust, firm caramel center, and a milk chocolate top. Chai Spice Tea Shortbread Cookies: Pulse together the tea with the flour and salt in a food processor just until the tea is in small pieces evenly distributed throughout the flour. You can have Classic Shortbread Cookies using 4 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Classic Shortbread Cookies
- Prepare 1/2 cup of icing sugar.
- It's 1 cup of butter or margarine.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 2 cup of flour.
These old-fashioned buttery cookies are perfect on their own, or they can be dipped in chocolate, or. This simple dough bursts with buttery goodness and makes the perfect base for delicious cookies. These Classic Shortbread Cookies are buttery and delicious as they are, but add a sparkling sugar coating or cover in melted chocolate and festive sprinkles and they're guaranteed to be a crowd. These Shortbread Cookies are deliciously crisp and buttery in a classic way, and are especially wonderful for Christmas and holiday baking!
Classic Shortbread Cookies instructions
- Start by getting out 2 bowls. Medium size..
- In the first bowl , cream the butter.
- In the same bowl mix in vanilla until well blended..
- In the second bowl mix together the flour and icing sugar..
- Pour the dry mix into the wet mix bowl ..
- Once mixed all together, the roll out onto floured surface with floured rolling pin ( 1/4 inch thick ) then cut into small circles ( about the size of the interior of a shot glass ) or cut with your favorite cookie cutter..
- Place the cut out cookies on baking pans and place in freezer to chill for at least 2 hours. You can even leave in overnight..
- Once chilled then heat up oven to 300°f - 325°f.
- Place cookies on Un-greased cookie sheets and bake for 15-18 mins or until bottoms are golden brown..
- Remove and let cool completely on baking sheet then add icing, chocolate, sprinkles, or whatever you love to decorate with ..
- Enjoy !!.