How to Make Perfect Caramel Apples
Caramel Apples. Caramel apples or toffee apples are whole apples covered in a layer of caramel. They are created by dipping or rolling apples-on-a-stick in hot caramel. Caramel Apple Techniques: Gravity is Your Friend - Bee In Our Bonnet.
Caramel apples are one of those things that are as much fun to make as they are to eat! I made this batch with my goddaughter Piper with apples she had picked at a nearby orchard. Caramel apples make a wonderful treat for Halloween. You can have Caramel Apples using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Caramel Apples
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted butter ( 1 stick ) cut into pieces.
- Prepare 2 cup of packed light brown sugar.
- It's 1 cup of light corn syrup.
- Prepare 1 dash of 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Prepare 1 can of 14 ounce size of sweetened condensed milk.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It's 6 of to 8 medium size tart apples, or your favorite but the contrast between a tart apple and the sweet caramel is amazing!.
- You need 6 of to 8 popsicle sticks.
You can find them in grocery stores during the Fall, but why buy them when you can make your own? CARAMEL APPLES - How to make CARAMEL DIPPED APPLES. Lets Make Candy and Caramel Apples This Weekend Haul and Many Other Items from Multiple Stores. Here's how to make the best caramel apples, perfect for the Halloween season.
Caramel Apples instructions
- Line a baking sheet with foil, lightly butter foil so caramel will not stick to it.
- In a large heavy saucepan melt butter, add brown sugar,corn syrup and salt.Stir until mixture comes to a boil, add condensed milk and cook stirring often until mixture reaches 248 ( firm ball stage ) on a candy thermometer, this can take from 20 to 30 minutes. . Remove from heat and stir in vanilla..
- Let caramel cool some before coating apples or else the caramel will pool to much at the bottom.of the spple. Allow 5 to 10 minutrs, stirring the caramel often...
- To coat apples, insert a popsicle stick into the top of each apple, dip apple into hot caramel, holding popsicle stick and turn apple and tilt pan to coat entire apple, holding popsicle stick hold apple up and turn to keep caramel smooth and allow it to cool a bit before placing on buttered foil. Repeat with all apples. Chill until cold before eating..
- Tips, if you like the apples can be dipped in chopped nuts or coconut while the caramel is still warm... If by chance you have alot of caramel pooling around apple from dipping in to hot caramel, you can mold it up around apple when cool enough to touch..
Candy apples are a fall favorite for kids and adults alike, and for good reason: They're sticky, sweet, and crunchy—the. Easy Caramel Apples are one of the ultimate fall treats! This is a foolproof recipe thats nearly impossible to mess up and it makes perfectly tempting and. Two ingredients: a green apple Jolly Rancher and a caramel candy. All you need is a few simple ingredients for Easy Caramel Apples topped with chopped nuts, sprinkles, chocolate drizzle and more.