Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Toffee Apple Crumble Cake
Toffee Apple Crumble Cake. For the toffee apples, place the water and sugar into a saucepan and slowly bring up to the boil. For the crumble, rub the flour, butter and sugar together in a bowl with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Snap up the last of the windfall apples and bake up one of these thrifty puds: toffee apple cake, apple crumble muffins, an autumnal pavlova and an apple almond tart.
Today I have a simple and delicious take on a classic dessert for you. Toffee apple crumble is as good as it sounds. Tart apples, creamy sweet toffee sauce and a perfectly crunchy crumble topping. You can cook Toffee Apple Crumble Cake using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Toffee Apple Crumble Cake
- It's of Cake.
- Prepare 6 oz of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 6 oz of caster sugar.
- It's 8 oz of plain flour.
- Prepare 3 large of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tsp of caramel/toffee essence (optional).
- It's 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 4 medium of granny Smith apples chopped(small cubes).
- Prepare of Crumble topping.
- It's 6 oz of plain flour.
- You need 4 oz of melted unsalted butter.
- You need 3 oz of icing sugar.
- It's 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of glaze.
- Prepare 4 oz of icing sugar.
- It's 1 of Maple syrup.
The filling is made with crisp Bramley apples and sweet dates in an indulgent caramel. Bramley apples are perfect for this recipe because they have a higher malic acid content. Four layers of light-brown-sugar sponges, apple compote filling, and squiggles of salted caramel. And a few clusters of crumble, you know, for texture.
Toffee Apple Crumble Cake step by step
- Grease and line a 8 inch loose bottom cake tin. Pre heat oven on 160°F.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time, scraping the sides after each addition.
- Mix together dry ingredients add half plus milk/vanilla(caramel if using) and mix then add rest of flour until just combined.
- Spread mix in bottom of tin and cover with the chopped apple.
- Mix together all topping ingredients until no dry flour visible and small lumps have formed.Spread evenly over apples.DO NOT COMPACT.
- Bake in middle oven shelf for 60 minutes Check oven after 30 mins if over browning cover with foil return to oven.When cocktail stick inserted comes out clean it's done. Leave in tin for 15 minutes then remove..
- While still slightly warm mix glaze a drizzle over you may have glaze left. ENJOY!.
Apple Toffee Crunch Cake - fresh apple cake with crunchy pecans, cinnamon buttercream and a toffee sauce drip. I'm kicking off my favorite season with this Apple Toffee Crunch Cake, and I can't wait to share it with you all. So bundle up in your boots, scarves, and favorite flannels, and let's get to it! Recipe by Sophie Dahl from The Delicious Miss Dahl. Enjoy this deliciously sweet dessert using stewed apples topped with a lovely buttery crumble and served with ice-cream or custard.