Recipe: Delicious Brown Sugar Spice Shortbread Cookies
Brown Sugar Spice Shortbread Cookies. My interest in experimenting with stamped cookies began about two years ago when I saw a recipe in a Christmas magazine for a particular kind of German cookie called Springerle. These brown sugar shortbread can be sprinkled with vanilla sugar or cinnamon sugar, or dip the buttery cookies in melted chocolate. Who doesn't love buttery, crispy shortbread?
The darker the brown sugar, the deeper the cookies' flavor. You could use a more exotic brown sugar in this recipe, such as Billington's dark brown cane sugar from England or These cookies are delicious & fast & handle well - they have the oatmeal and shortbread taste & texture. Recipe for easy brown sugar and cinnamon shortbread cookies. You can cook Brown Sugar Spice Shortbread Cookies using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brown Sugar Spice Shortbread Cookies
- It's 1/2 cup of Soft butter (salted).
- It's 1/4 cup of Brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of White flour.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Pumpkin pie spice.
- You need pinch of Salt.
Ok, I do that a lot, but this time, it's true! These easy shortbread cookies are given a wholesome twist with the addition of nutty cornmeal and caramel-y brown sugar. These Brown Sugar Scottish Shortbread are buttery, deliciously chewy, sweet and incredibly easy to make! These cookies are so delicious, they're begging to become a new holiday tradition!
Brown Sugar Spice Shortbread Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 375. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper..
- Mix butter and sugar until well blended..
- Blend in cream..
- Blend in vanilla..
- Mix dry ingredients until well blended..
- Cut dry ingredients into wet ingredients until cookie dough forms. Should be moist but not wet and form a slightly flaky ball. If too wet add 2Tbls flour..
- Roll into 1" balls and press down on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper..
- Bake at 375 for 10-13 minutes..
Using brown sugar as a sweetener adds a softness and a really mild tang from the molasses in the sugar. How to make chocolate brown sugar These super simple gluten free cookies are already egg-free, too, as are all classic shortbread cookie recipes. They do have a few other potential. Recipe Pairing Guides » Brown Sugar & Oatmeal Shortbread Cookies. Combine the butter, brown sugar, and salt in a stand mixer bowl (use the paddle attachment) or a large mixing bowl.