Recipe: Tasty Gluten-Free Tres Leches Cake
Gluten-Free Tres Leches Cake. Did you know that a gluten-free tres leches cake is actually quite simple to make? Authentic homemade gluten-free Tres Leches Cake. A sponge cake soaked in a sweet milk mixture and topped with fresh whipped cream and cinnamon.
Gluten-Free Tres Leches Cake uses evaporated coconut milk & sweetened condensed coconut milk to make a dairy-free version of this Latin American I remember eating Tres Leches Cake during my childhood, usually on special days like Easter and Christmas, and always at my grandparent's house. Tres Leches Cake is served all over the world using different accent ingredients which range from rum to caramel, but always using three milks (hence the What makes my gluten free vegan tres leches cake recipe even more special are the coconut and almond accent flavors, and the fact that this cake. A dairy free and gluten free Tres Leches Cake, perfect for a spring gathering! You can cook Gluten-Free Tres Leches Cake using 17 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gluten-Free Tres Leches Cake
- You need of Cake.
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose gluten-free flour.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 5 of large eggs, separate whites from yolks.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar, divided.
- You need 1/3 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- You need 12 oz of can of evaporated milk.
- It's 14 oz of can of sweetened condensed milk.
- It's 1/4 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare of Whipped Cream.
- It's 2 cups of heavy whipping cream.
- It's 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- It's 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- You need of Ground cinnamon (for topping).
- It's of Fresh strawberries (optional).
This healthier Tres Leches is made with a fluffy almond flour cake and is soaked in a lightly sweetened coconut milk, and then topped with fluffy coconut whipped cream. Serve with strawberries for a light and elegant dessert. Except for a piece of this Gluten Free Tres Leches Cake. 🙂. After my plea for birthday cake recipes, I received a lot of replies.
Gluten-Free Tres Leches Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside..
- Separate eggs into two separate bowls - one for eggs whites, the other for egg yolks..
- In large mixing bowl, mix 3/4 cup of sugar and egg yolks together on high speed until yolk are pale yellow..
- Add 1/3 cup milk and pure vanilla extract to egg yolk mixture and combine on low speed..
- Pour egg yolk mixture over flour mixture and stir just until ingredients are mixed..
- In another large bowl, beat the egg whites on high speed, adding the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar gradually. Beat egg whites until stiff peak forms..
- Fold egg white mixture into batter gently.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x13 pan. Smooth the top of the batter..
- Bake cake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Check the center of cake by inserting a toothpick..
- Remove from the oven and allow cake to cool completely..
- Combine evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, and whole milk in small bowl..
- Use a fork to poke holes in the top of completely cooled cake..
- Pour milk mixture over the cake - and don't forget the edges!.
- Refrigerate cake for at least five hours.
- When ready to serve, whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar and pure vanilla extract until stiff peak forms..
- Smooth whipped cream on top of the cake, sprinkle it with ground cinnamon and top with strawberries, if you'the like!.
I've never had Tres Leche cake before, but after Alta from Tasty Eats At Home posted this recipe in response to my plea, I knew I wanted to try it. I love cake with a little extra added to it. This recipe has a lot of extra's, tres to be exact! The cake is super rich and creamy. I adapted the recipe from The Pioneer Woman Cooks cookbook to make it gluten free and also changed up how I prepared it to make it simpler for me.