How to Cook Perfect Blueberry Ice Cream
Blueberry Ice Cream. Preparation In a saucepan bring blueberries, sugar, and salt to a boil over moderate heat, mashing berries and stirring with a fork. Creamy homemade blueberry ice cream, bursting with flavor! I made this blueberry ice cream a few weeks ago, full well knowing that it would likely be the last homemade ice cream of the season.
This blueberry ice cream is rich, creamy, and delicious. Serve this ice cream at a summer gathering or special occasion. This would be wonderful with lemon pound cake or with a fresh blueberry sauce. You can have Blueberry Ice Cream using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Blueberry Ice Cream
- Prepare 6 oz of fresh blueberries (by weight).
- It's 2/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- It's 3/4 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare pinch of kosher salt.
Wonderful blueberry ice cream that can be made from either fresh or frozen blueberries. The recipe comes from a Country Woman Magazine. Prep Time This blueberry ice cream will add a sweet ending to any meal. It's best to make the base and chill it overnight before processing in your ice cream maker.
Blueberry Ice Cream instructions
- Combine blueberries and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to medium heat. As it boils, use a potato masher to smash the blueberries as completely as possible..
- Boil for about 10 minutes, smashing once in a while and keeping it stirred so the sugar doesn't burn..
- Strain the blueberry mixture, discarding the solids and retaining the syrup. Be thorough to get as much syrup as possible, and be careful because this syrup is boiling hot and sticky, and it will stain anything it contacts..
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the cream, milk, vanilla, and salt until slightly foamy..
- Let the syrup cool for a few minutes, then pour it into the dairy mixture and whisk it up again..
- Pour this mixture into an ice cream machine and follow it's instructions to finish the ice cream. Things work best if the mixture is chilled for a while beforehand. Be sure to freeze the finished product overnight and enjoy it the next day!.
This fresh blueberry ice cream is the perfect way to enjoy those fresh blueberries this season. See more ideas about Blueberry ice cream, Ice cream, Frozen treats. Treat yourself to this Wild Blueberry Ice Cream for dessert. It's easy to make at home with all your favorite mix-ins! Blueberry ice cream is made out of the blueberry fruit.