Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty Keto Carnitas (Slow Cooker)
Keto Carnitas (Slow Cooker). These Easy Keto Pork Carnitas are made by cooking low carb pulled pork in the slow cooker and then serving the Keto Carnitas on Bibb lettuce for a low carb lettuce wrap, topped with sour cream, cilantro, onions or your favorite Keto Friendly Carnita toppings. Slow Cooker Keto Mexican Pork Carnitas (Comida Fiesta!) By Marley Carnitas is a Mexican slow-cooked pulled pork dish that is typically served with rice, beans, and tortillas.
Return the pork to the slow cooker to soak up the marinade. To prepare the cauliflower "rice," chop the cauliflower into small pieces, and then add to a food processor bowl. In a small bowl, combine the salt, cumin, oregano and pepper. You can have Keto Carnitas (Slow Cooker) using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Keto Carnitas (Slow Cooker)
- You need 6.5 lb of Pork Sirloin Roast.
- You need 4 of mixed Baby Bell Peppers.
- It's 1 of large Poblano Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Jalapeno Pepper.
- Prepare 2 of small Sweet Onions.
- You need 4 tbsp of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 8 oz of can Tomato Sauce.
- You need 5-10 drops of Liquid Smoke.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of Onion Powder.
- It's 1/4 cup of Garlic Powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Chilli Powder.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- It's 1/2 tbsp of Paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Black Pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of Bacon Fat.
- It's 1/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar.
Trim the excess fat from the roast (you want some fat, just remove any big chunks). Press the seasoning mixture into the roast on all sides. Pour the broth into the bottom of a. Pork Carnitas is an amazingly simple keto meal prep recipe you can do.
Keto Carnitas (Slow Cooker) instructions
- First dice and chop up all your onions and peppers then add them and garlic to bottom of slow cooker.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, 2tbsp bacon fat and can Tomato Sauce to veggies and stir til evenly coated.
- Add seasonings to a bowl and mix.
- Rub the pork roasts with seasonings then place on top of mixture in slow cooker.
- Cook on low heat for 8hrs.
- Slowly lift roasts out of pot and place in large mixing bowl. Leave veggies and sauce in pot and add apple cider vinegar..
- Shred pork with two forks and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- This next step is optional but adds the textural components lost from using the slow cooker. In large saute pan (I use my Wok) add a few tablespoons of bacon fat and turn heat on high and grease pan. You want it screaming hot. Then toss in 1/3 of the pulled pork and let it crisp up and stir a few times and then remove and add to separate mixing bowl to cool and repeat the process two more times.
- Portion out pork into portion containers then scoop out sauce from slow cooker over top of pork.
These carnitas are cooked in a slower cooker either over night or while you are. This delicious Low Carb Pulled Pork Carnitas Mexican recipe is the perfect base to many tasty meals. After marinating the pork, place all the ingredients into your slow cooker. Our Low Carb Pulled Pork Carnitas recipe is perfectly delicious straight from the pan. These Instant Pot Carnitas have become a bit of a favorite around here - great for meal prep.