Easiest Way to Cook Tasty Vegan bacon
Vegan bacon. Vegetarian bacon, also referred to as veggie bacon, vacon, or facon, is a product marketed as a bacon alternative. It is high in protein and fiber, yet low in fat, and has no cholesterol. Brands include Morningstar Farms and Smart Bacon.
This vegan bacon is smoky and deliciously textured and made from seitan! It's crispy, chewy, salty and sweet and packs a serious protein punch too! Well would you look at that? You can cook Vegan bacon using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan bacon
- Prepare 4 tbsp of nutritional yeast.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 6 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of liquid smoke.
- It's 1 tbsp of 100% maple syrup.
- It's 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Hungarian paprika.
- It's of Rice paper (brown rice or white rice).
- It's of Water.
I make vegan bacon three ways: with tempeh, with coconut, and with shiitake mushrooms. You'll find all three of my vegan bacon recipes below, along with my favorite ways to use them. In today's video, I just made the best vegan bacon ever. My rice paper bacon recipe is a cult Edgy Veg classic, and with all your tips and techniques.
Vegan bacon instructions
- Mix the marinade ingredients together (leaving out the rice paper and water).
- Stack 2 pieces of rice paper on top of each other and fully submerge in water for about 5 seconds.
- Cut rice paper into bacons strips.
- Rub marinade on both sides of the rice paper.
- On a prepared baking sheet with parchment paper, add your bacon slices and cook @400 for 6-8 minutes.
Simple recipe for rice paper bacon. This vegetarian, vegan "bacon" is plant-based, crispy, smoky, and savory; gluten-free and easy to. This is the best vegan bacon ever! The crispiness of rice paper bacon and the meatiness of tofu bacon combined into perfect salty, smokey bacon strips! This is the ultimate vegan bacon guide!