Easiest Way to Cook Delicious Spiced Toffee Apple Cupcakes
Spiced Toffee Apple Cupcakes. Apple spiced cupcakes with fresh apple pieces topped with a delicious caramel buttercream! Quarter and core the apples, then slice quite thinly, tossing in a little lemon juice as you go. Quickly beat together the cake ingredients with an electric whisk until smooth, then scrape into the baking tray.
Toffee apple cupcakes are topped with a spiced mascarpone buttercream. Nothing says autumn quite like toffee apples, right? I was obsessed with them growing up and can still remember that sweet crunch of the toffee coating, as my teeth made their way through to the juicy apple underneath - pure. You can have Spiced Toffee Apple Cupcakes using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spiced Toffee Apple Cupcakes
- It's 200 g of dates, roughly chopped.
- It's 250 g of butter, softened, plus extra for greasing.
- Prepare 200 ml of milk, plus a splash.
- You need 280 g of self-raising flour.
- You need 200 g of light soft brown sugar.
- It's 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 1 tbsp of mixed spice.
- It's 4 of large eggs.
- It's 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3 of small red apple.
- Prepare squeeze of lemon juice.
- You need handful of toffees.
- It's of little icing sugar, for dusting.
A light apple cake, topped with toffee cream and an impressive sugar swirl. Made with fresh apples, a sticky sweet toffee and double cream frosting, these cupcakes are just perfect for sharing. A spiced caramel apple cupcake, made with a homemade apple sauce, filled with a caramel sauce, and topped with a creamy caramel. Maple Buttercream (see Game Plan note.
Spiced Toffee Apple Cupcakes instructions
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Line cupcake tray with cases, I used 15 however it will be dependent on the size you are using. (If making a cake, grease and line a 20 x 30cm baking tray with baking parchment.).
- Put the dates and milk in a small pan and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat and set aside for 15 mins to cool..
- Whizz the date mixture to a smooth purée in a food processor or blender, then scrape into a large mixing bowl. Tip in the butter, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, eggs, mixed spice and vanilla, and set aside while you prepare the apples..
- Quarter and core the apples, then slice quite thinly, tossing in a little lemon juice as you go..
- Quickly beat together the cake ingredients with an electric whisk until smooth, then scrape into the cases (or tray for the cake).
- Arrange the apple slices, for cupcakes, two to three per cupcake. (For the cake: overlap the apple in rows, on top – you should be able to get 3 rows lengthways down the tray.).
- Bake for 20-30 mins until a skewer poked into the centre of one of the cupcake comes out clean. Cool in the tray. (If baking as one cake it will require at least 50-60mins).
- Put the toffees in a small pan with a good splash of milk and gently melt, stirring, until runny. To finish, dust with a little icing sugar, then drizzle sauce over the cakes..
Adorned with maple frosting, these cupcakes are autumn made bite-sized! Game plan: You'll need to make the Maple Buttercream before you begin. Toffee Apple Pound Cake bursting with sweet toffee bits and cinnamon apples all smothered in the most lick-the-plate-delicious Spiced Caramel Sauce. Everyone will go crazy over this cake! Fluffy and moist cupcakes full of apple cinnamon flavor and topped with the perfect toffee frosting.