Easiest Way to Prepare Perfect Ants on a log - gluten free
Ants on a log - gluten free. Ants on a Log. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. The real ants on a log are made with peanut butter for the spread, but my mom substituted cheese whiz, which is really yummy. Even if your children don't have a peanut allergy, I am sure that they will love this new little after school snack.
Ants on a Log - The classic after-school snack gets a bit of a twist with a few new varieties. Six different peanut butter snacks that your kids will love! If you are looking for a winning snack, here it is! You can have Ants on a log - gluten free using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ants on a log - gluten free
- Prepare 2 of stalk celery.
- You need 1 of peanut butter - use your favorite.
- It's 1 box of raisins, you will not use all.
Combining celery and peanut butter creates a magical combination. Ants on a Log are a healthy and fun snack for kids. A snack that contains veggies and some protein is a winning combination in my book and these Ants on a Log tick both boxes. Not only is the snack nutritious but it is fun and a great way to encourage kids to get involved with preparing food.
Ants on a log - gluten free step by step
- Rinse celery, pat dry with paper towels. Trim both ends of each rib, then cut each into three equal pieces, for a total of six. This is the base of your "logs"..
- Fill the center groove of each piece of celery with desired amount of your favorite peanut butter. Now your "logs" have tops..
- Place 3-5 raisins, or "ants", on top of each "log"..
- Now, enjoy eating your ants on a log! Bet you never thought they'd taste so good! ;-).
- To ensure this is gluten free, always check package labeling. Some peanut butters and raisins are produced in facilities that also process wheat products!.
Ants on a log is a snack made by spreading cream cheese, peanut butter, ricotta cheese, or another spread on celery and placing raisins (or, if preferred, chocolate chips) on top. This ants on a log recipe is the perfect snack for kids! Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world. Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE! Keyword: Ants on a Log, celery, dairy free, gluten-free, kid friendly, no cook, peanut butter, vegetarian.