Recipe: Perfect Gluten free Millionaires Shortbread
Gluten free Millionaires Shortbread. I first attempted these gluten free millionaire's shortbreads for a Macmillan coffee morning and visually they were a bit of a disaster. The caramel was too runny and the chocolate way too thick - imagine a caramel explosion and you're pretty much there. But the taste was amazing and they had a.
It is gluten and dairy free as well as paleo friendly. I like to think of them as a clean eating and healthier version of twix bars! Traditional millionaire bars are made with a shortbread crust followed by a caramel and then chocolate layer. You can have Gluten free Millionaires Shortbread using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gluten free Millionaires Shortbread
- It's 360 ml of Gluten Free Flour.
- Prepare 100 ml of Icing Sugar.
- You need 225 ml of Margerine.
- You need 75 ml of Golden Syrup.
- It's 1 can of Condensed Milk.
- It's of Or make your own as follow:.
- You need 125 ml of Cold Water;.
- Prepare 300 ml of Milk Powder (I used Rice milk powder);.
- It's 190 ml of White Sugar; and.
- You need 3 ml of Vanilla Essence.
- Prepare 5 ml of Vanilla Essence.
- You need 125 ml of Margerine.
- It's 200 g of Dark Chocolate (I find milk is to sweet for me(.
- Prepare 15 ml of Sunflower Oil.
Shortbread: Mix the dry ingredients together. Rub in the cold butter and press together to form a dough. This millionaire's shortbread is testament to this: it's both vegan and gluten-free, with a date caramel that would rival any traditional one and a crisp I find normal millionaire's shortbread too cloying and sweet. This version, which uses the sweetness of dates and has seeds and nuts for added crunch, is.
Gluten free Millionaires Shortbread instructions
- Pre Heat oven to 175°C.
- Sift the gluten free flour and icing sugar together. Rub in the 225ml Margerine..
- Place in prepared oven proof bowl and bake 15-20min until golden brown..
- To make your own condensed milk, mix together the milk powder, cold water, sugar and 3ml vanilla essence, in a microwave safe bowl.
- To the condensed milk add the golden syrup, 5ml vanilla essence and 125ml margerine. Microwave on high for 8-9 min stirring every 1-2 min until caramel. Be careful not to burn.
- Spread caramel over cooled shortbread. Let it cool completely..
- Melt chocolate with the sunflower oil over a saucepan of boiling water or microwave.
- Spread chocolate over cooled caramel. I sprinkle white chocolate chips over for fun..
- Let it cool for another 15min in the fridge. Cut into squares and enjoy..
Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Nut-free, Egg-free but always check the ingredients you are using. To make the shortbread base place all the ingredients into a food processor and process until a breadcrumb texture. Alternatively, rub the fat into the flour with your fingers and then add the sugar. Quick and easy gluten free millionaires shortbread made in a matter of minutes with Schär Bisc' Or biscuits. Spread a layer of caramel onto the Bisc' Or shortbread.