How to Prepare Delicious Joyce’s Gluten-free Banana Loaf
Joyce’s Gluten-free Banana Loaf. Here is how you cook it. This recipe is so close to my heart. When I was young, I refused to eat my other Grandmother's banana bread because it wasn't like Grandma Joyce's.
Popped together this lovely gluten free banana loaf the other day, as I had a couple of bananas that didn't look great and it was the perfect way of using them up. I followed the BBC good food 'Brilliant Banana loaf' recipe, just switching a few ingredients to make it completely gluten free. This flour combines several types of gluten-free flours in a specific ratio to get a similar look and feel as regular white flour. You can have Joyce’s Gluten-free Banana Loaf using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Joyce’s Gluten-free Banana Loaf
- It's 3 of very ripe bananas (some dark spots on peel, and soft texture).
- You need 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Kosher salt.
- It's 1/4 cup of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It's 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1-1/2 cups of gluten-free all-purpose flour (Bobs Red Milk 1-to-1), sifted.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped or crushed walnuts.
Mix all together and pour into a loaf tin. Sprinkle the pecans, brown sugar and orange zest on top. My Gluten-Free Banana Bread recipe is engineered to tick all the boxes and fit whatever lifestyle you live. Made with zero (that's right zero) added sugar, grain free flours, and a bit of coconut oil, this bread is super wholesome and flavorful.
Joyce’s Gluten-free Banana Loaf instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, peel and mash bananas. I use my hands to work until smooth and few clumps..
- Add egg and mayonnaise. Whisk until smooth.
- Add salt, sugars, and baking powder. Whip vigorously with whisk until batter is smooth and airy- about 2 minutes if you get on with it. The finished batter should be light and have some airiness to it..
- With fine mesh strainer or sifter, sift flour all at once over top of batter..
- Gently fold with large spatula, working around the side of bowl and cutting through. Continue until flour is incorporated, but don’t over work..
- Add walnuts and fold until incorporated. Again, careful not to overwork..
- Prep loaf pan (I prefer glass Pyrex pan). Lightly coat with cooking spray. Gently sprinkle fine amount of flour into pan. Bang pan around with hands to distribute. Make sure to avoid clumps in corners..
- Gently pour the batter into loaf pan..
- Place pan in center of oven on middle rack. Bake 60 minutes. Try not to open the oven door during baking!.
- After 60 minutes, pull from oven and check for doneness by piercing knife or skewer into center of loaf. The knife blade should come out cleanly with no wet batter. If not, return to oven for additional 5-10 minutes..
- When done, remove from oven and aloe to rest in pan about 5 minutes. Demould loaf onto wire cooling rack. Allow to cool fully at room temperature (about 3-4 hours). Store in airtight container up to 4 days... if it last that long!.
My Gluten-Free Banana Bread is for everyone, not just those that are trying to eat gluten-free. Gluten free date and banana bread. This bread comes together quickly using one bowl and a handful of ingredients. For this recipe I used Doves Farm self-raising gluten free flour, but you can use whatever gluten free flour you like. If not using self-raising flour, add in a teaspoon or so of baking powder or baking soda.